Enclosures for RC2014

PianoMatt

Feb 23, 2017, 11:55:26 AM2/23/17
to RC2014-Z80
Evening all

Has anyone built themselves an enclosure for their RC2014? I'm looking for inspiration.

Also, what size are the mounting holes? 3.5mm?

Matt

Robert Liesenfeld

Feb 23, 2017, 12:00:37 PM2/23/17
to rc201...@googlegroups.com
There was a thread some weeks ago wherein someone published a drawing for cutting on a laser cutter.  Scott Baker's videos also show a laser-cut case, which I seem to recall he said he had done by Ponoko, but it appears to be a different design; you could email him to ask for design files.

I'd love to see a mechanical drawing of the backplane; I've been meaning to draw up my own case for laser cutting but have thus far been too lazy to measure my RC2014.

Spencer Owen

Feb 23, 2017, 12:17:02 PM2/23/17
to rc201...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I think this thread from Mild Lee Interested is the one you mean;

Also, Sleepy Bit Rot from Twitter 3D printed a case for his stripboard RC2014

Andy Semark built a museum display case for his RC2014

And, then, of course, there's my laser cut low profile case on Thingiverse
The DXF files in there should have enough info to modify or design your own case if you wish.

The mounting holes are 3.7mm, so a M3 fits in quite easily.

Cheers

Spencer

The holes

PianoMatt

Feb 25, 2017, 3:24:06 PM2/25/17
to RC2014-Z80
That gives me a lot to work with, thanks!