What is the highest rise quill stem made?

samh

Jun 15, 2013, 7:50:11 PM6/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
In other words, what stem can get your handle bar grips the furthest from earth?

Ron Mc

Jun 15, 2013, 8:39:13 PM6/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
has to be the Nitto Technomic 280 - I've seen these at Rakuten in Japan, which is difficult shopping.
here at SJS in the UK
I've bought several items from SJS - their algorithm is little weird, but they will subtract VAT (17%) and their shipping is reasonable ($15-ish).
Message has been deleted

Garth

Jun 15, 2013, 8:51:37 PM6/15/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
 Using a threadless quill adapter you can go higher than the traditional quill because you can use 0 degree and greater threadless stems. Nitto themselves makes a MTC-04 Tall , which uses the same 225mm quill as the Tallux, but of course you use your own threadless stem so you can go even higher than the -17 degree Tallux.
http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=13753&zenid=490e0d7e35095eeeeacc42d0c68d3657

With a +10 or +17 degree stem you may be able to get as high or higher than the Technomic 280, which is limited to only 100mm long.

Kainalu

Jun 16, 2013, 2:06:56 PM6/16/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I've got a Soma (Japan not SF) with a stem that's easily twice the length of the tallest nitto. Weirdly small size though. When I got it off of Craigslist and took it home for an overhaul I figured the previous rider had set it dangerously high, but when I loosened it up and gave a yank it just kept coming. It's ridiculous.
-Kai

Peter Morgano

Jun 16, 2013, 3:22:37 PM6/16/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

One has to ask that if you need a stem a foot tall if you are on the wrong sized bike.

On Jun 16, 2013 2:06 PM, "Kainalu" <kaivi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've got a Soma (Japan not SF) with a stem that's easily twice the length of the tallest nitto.  Weirdly small size though.  When I got it off of Craigslist and took it home for an overhaul I figured the previous rider had set it dangerously high, but when I loosened it up and gave a yank it just kept coming.  It's ridiculous.
-Kai

clayton

Jun 17, 2013, 10:37:39 AM6/17/13
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I use a 10 cm Nitto dirt drop. I have a bad back (3 surgeries) and bad carpal tunnel syndrome too (3 surgeries). My Atlantis is on the small side of Riv's suggested sizing. I find the dirt drop high enough that I don't need to run the stem all the way up.
Clayton

clyde canter

Jun 18, 2013, 9:39:16 AM6/18/13
to RBW Owners Bunch

clyde canter

Jun 18, 2013, 9:40:52 AM6/18/13
to RBW Owners Bunch
doesn't look like it comes in anything other than 25.4mm clamp though.

Kim H.

Jun 29, 2024, 6:40:33 PM (3 days ago) Jun 29
to RBW Owners Bunch
For the record, I have one on my Clem, a NITTO Technomic NTC-280 Stem

Nitto Technomis NTC-280 stem.jpg

Kim Hetzel.