xgboost

Carlos Crosetti

Jul 9, 2017, 8:43:16ā€ÆPM7/9/17
to rattle...@googlegroups.com
Hi, FYA loaded latest Rettle version on R 3.4.1 and noticed XGBoost is available now, cool!

Thanks so much!

Carlos

Graham Williams

Jul 9, 2017, 8:49:46ā€ÆPM7/9/17
to rattle-users
Thanks Carlos - yes xgboost has been incorporated. A little refinement to do still. Bug reports are most welcome :-)

An announcement has just appeared on the revolutions blog: http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2017/07/xgboost-support-added-to-rattle.html

Regards,
Graham

Carlos Crosetti

Jul 9, 2017, 9:35:46ā€ÆPM7/9/17
to rattle...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Graham. I am aware of the Revolutions blog, but I do not visit it often.

Kind regards, Carlos

Eugene Dubossarsky

Jul 9, 2017, 9:35:46ā€ÆPM7/9/17
to rattle...@googlegroups.com
This is terrific news !
glmnet to follow, then KerasR please !

best regards,

Dr. Eugene Dubossarsky
Principal Trainer
Presciient
http://presciient.com/
0414573322

Graham Williams

Jul 10, 2017, 11:47:05ā€ÆPM7/10/17
to rattle-users
Thanks for the encouragement Eugene :-)

With the new glmnetUtils package, glmnet should be a breeze. Stay tuned.

Currently exploring keras too.

This will bring Rattle up to the current state-of-the-art in open source for each of the different types on models.

Regards,
Graham

Eugene Dubossarsky

Jul 12, 2017, 10:03:08ā€ÆAM7/12/17
to rattle...@googlegroups.com
That all sounds great !

kth-nearest neighbour would be a nice addition too.

Also, adding ranger and randomUnifromForest to the random forest section would be great.
ranger is super-fast, while RUF has fantastic partial variable importance measures and visualisations.
Also ranger provides the new extraTrees functionality - randomising split points as well as candidate splitting variables,
and RUF allows quantile regression.

best regards,

Dr. Eugene Dubossarsky
Principal Trainer