juice beta 2

Radioberry

Oct 4, 2021, 1:22:54 PM10/4/21
to Radioberry
Hi All,

This weekend  the version 2 of the juice board is drawn.

Some wishes; please let me known

Have fun

73 Johan
PA3GSB
radioberry-juice.pdf

Yado-san

Oct 8, 2021, 10:33:44 AM10/8/21
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

I have tried the sending and receiving operation of SDR software with Radioberry_Juice.

The following did not work fine, so I report it.
 -> can send and receive with RPi4B+Radioberry2 without any problem.

(1)PowerSDR OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.5.0(HL2)
 Cannot connect.
 I set the IP address which connect with other SDR software. (127.0.0.1 or 192.168.0.15)

(2) SparkSDR (v2.0.8.6)
 The PA tab is not displayed.
   Therefore, it is not possible to send.

Tried SDR software (Win10PC) :
  SDRConsole v3.0.27
  Quisk v4.1.88
  SparkSDR v2.0.8.6
  PowerSDR OpenHPSDR mRX PS v3.5.0(HL2)
  OpenHPSDR Thetis-HL2 v2.8.12_beta5

Also, only in 'OpenHPSDR Thetis-HL2 v2.8.12_beta5', the USB data is interrupted while receiving or sending(?) I got the message several times.

> Received packages not for me!
> Start Port 51765
> SDR Program sends UDP Start command
> us stream read not complete
> Start Port 51765
> SDR Program sends UDP Start command
> ds stream time not complete; only 0 bytes sent
> us stream read not complete
> us stream read not complete
> us stream read not complete
>      :
>      :
But this seemed to be a problem with my PC.
I was using a USB extension cable, so I replaced it with a shorter USB cable and it seems to be fine now.

I am interested in Beta2's EXT_GPIO* and EXT_CLK_IN.

Tnx.
Yado-san, jg1twp
2021年10月5日火曜日 2:22:54 UTC+9 Radioberry:

pa3gsb

Oct 8, 2021, 12:20:20 PM10/8/21
to Radioberry
Yado-san

I have tried tx only from pihpsdr.

1)  If you run powersdr on the same machine as the radioberry firmware it will not work; powersdr does filter the network interface card on which pc is running.

2)  need to figure out what is wrong for sparksdr

I had some fpga lines free after the new routing.... so i decided to use the 3 fpga pins and fpga clock pin to make it possble to use an additional interface board containing a uC like the rpi pico ; such interface board can control some radio stuff.. or maybe you have ideas or wishes, please let me know.

Iam quite happy with running thetis beautifull program ; when doing phone i can see 2 bands of 384kc real nice.

Reid Gi8TME/Mi0BOT is doing a good job to support HL-2 but also the radioberry

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Radioberry

Oct 8, 2021, 2:27:25 PM10/8/21
to Radioberry

Some pics.

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

pa3gsb

Oct 9, 2021, 2:11:43 AM10/9/21
to Radioberry
Yado-san,

About the length of the USB cable.  How long is the base length? and how long did you extend?

You are right in stream.c iam checking 2 things ; the timeout and the length of the package; i prefer the messages above a blocking piece of code.... now not working streams are made visible.

73 Johan

PA3GSB

Op vrijdag 8 oktober 2021 om 16:33:44 UTC+2 schreef Yado-san:
Hi Johan,

pa3gsb

Oct 9, 2021, 2:18:12 AM10/9/21
to Radioberry

Yado-san

Just reading.... https://groups.google.com/g/hermes-lite/c/Qsc7cpq7sv4  (Discussion of next-gen HL2 interface board)

the possiblity os such interface board seems already under design.... great we can connect to that development....

73 Johan
PA3GSB
Op vrijdag 8 oktober 2021 om 16:33:44 UTC+2 schreef Yado-san:
Hi Johan,

Yado-san

Oct 9, 2021, 2:45:37 AM10/9/21
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

Sorry! I found my mistake,
  PowerSDR and SparkSDR work fine!

: PowerSDR worked OK by remote from another PC.
: SparkSDR was able to transmit. I found my error in Juice firmware.*

 * Radioberry-2.x/juice/firmware/radioberry.h
   I modified it for CL016, but by mistake I had set the HERMESLITE ID to #00.
   > #define NR 0x03                 // 3rx max for CL016
   > #define HERMESLITE  0x00  // Wrong!! 0x06 is right.
   > int gateware_fpga_type = 1;   // fpga_type=1 for CL016

Digital mode is also now possible using Thetis and WSJT-X.

I got it. Sounds like an interesting extension with ext_gpio pins.
I used 2m extension USB cable (Total 3m, too long!). using 1m cable now.

Tnx.
Yado-san, jg1twp

2021年10月9日土曜日 15:18:12 UTC+9 pa3gsb:
Juice_Thetis-wsjtx.png
Wrong ID.png

softerh...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2021, 8:48:15 PM10/12/21
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

Great work on your juice beta 2! I was looking for FT2232HL parts today and couldn't find any stock. Do you have a source with stock?

73,

Steve
kf7o

Radioberry

Oct 13, 2021, 2:46:00 PM10/13/21
to Radioberry
Hi Steve,

Tnx.  I am not having a source for these FT2232 chips.

Goodluck

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Steli