CW Keyer

Peter Hiltz

Jan 17, 2022, 2:21:50 PM1/17/22
to Radioberry
All,

First the good news.  I built a simple TR board and installed wsjtx and, into a rainspout antenna - very inefficient but tunes up - had one wspr spot.  So the TR board works and I was able to create virtual connection between pihpsdr and wsjtx.

Now, the current PROBLEM.  I'm trying to get CW to work and while I can successfully install both flavors of pihpsdr, CW and no-CW, the no-CW version will not find the radioberry.  It either gives no signal on the panadaptor or waterfall, or a large spike in the middle of the display.

In addition, following the directions at
I do not get the same gpio display as on the page.  Mine simply displays text of GPIOA  GPIOB etc, but nothing is selectable.

Reading the group shows some folks with success but nothing I can parse out to tell me what I've missed.  Any guidance would be appreciated

73, Pete WV3S

pa3gsb

Jan 18, 2022, 10:48:04 AM1/18/22
to Radioberry
Pete,

Can you give some more detail; some print screens?

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Yado-san

Jan 19, 2022, 4:59:57 AM1/19/22
to Radioberry
Hi  Pete,

Is this correct? "yes-CW" version of the pihpsdr does not signal pana or waterfall.

If right, this is related to the updated pihpsdr from last July or August. (> the gpiod branch merged.??)
and need to build with "no-CW" to get it to work.

 > https://groups.google.com/g/radioberry/c/EcNFE1jRJzk/m/OhNaZGe5AwAJ

If use the rc15 version of the pihpsdr, CW keyer will work.
however, the CWL and CWR pin assignments changed in the latest gateware. (gw73.2 Sep.2021)

so,  need to set pins in the configure gpio for gw73.2:  CWL GPIO = 0, CWR GPIO = 29.

 > https://groups.google.com/g/radioberry/c/N54JWxbkq0o

hope this help.
Yado-san, jg1twp

2022年1月19日水曜日 0:48:04 UTC+9 pa3gsb:

Yado-san

Jan 22, 2022, 10:56:05 AM1/22/22
to Radioberry
Hi Group,

FYT. I'v tried with RPi's newer OS..
  Raspbiasn 32bit "Bullseye" R11 2021-10-30, GCC:10.2.1

<OK, worked>  Pict.1
 pihpsdr: no-cw (latest v2.0.8-rc1) and radioberry (latest: gw73.2, drv0.93 fw2021.09.26)
 and external key worked.  but no cw keyer.

<Not worked>
 pihpsdr: yes-cw (latest v2.0.8-rc1) and radioberry (latest: gw73.2, drv0.93 fw2021.09.26)

<Compile Error in older versions of pihpsdr.  Not worked>
 pihpsdr: yes-cw (older v2.0.0-rc15) and radioberry (latest: gw73.2, drv0.93 fw2021.09.26)
 Installed wiringpi v2.52 then compile ok, but didn't work...  Pict2

Yado-san, jg1twp

2022年1月19日水曜日 18:59:57 UTC+9 Yado-san:
Raspbian11_pihpsdrV2.0.0.-rc15_yes-cw.png
Raspbian11_pihpsdrV2.0.8.-rc1_no-cw.png

Kristofer Danner

Feb 13, 2022, 4:36:55 PM2/13/22
to Radioberry
Yado-san, did you ever figure out a solution? Making a board for all the I/O jacks here, and it's good to see PTT and straight key work, but unable to test paddles and sidetone currently due to this.

Thanks,
KD

Yado-san

Feb 13, 2022, 10:39:02 PM2/13/22
to Radioberry
Hi KD,

Sorry, I did't solve this due to my skills.
I'm running piHPSDR with
: RPi OS:   Buster(R10)
: piHPSDR : v2.0.0-rc15

Yado-san, jg1twp
2022年2月14日月曜日 6:36:55 UTC+9 Kristofer Danner:

Kristofer Danner

Feb 14, 2022, 12:28:07 PM2/14/22
to Radioberry
Yeah, I can't even find that version of pihpsdr, I did try 2.0.0-rc10 to no avail. Multiple commits have the same version number, so the number doesn't necessarily mean anything. Rather difficult to test my I/O jacks, also see things like neither INTTR or EXTTR goes low on TX with pihpsdr, yet they both do if I use SparkSDR, even when I uncheck enable PA.

KD

Radioberry

Feb 17, 2022, 7:04:09 AM2/17/22
to Radioberry
Hi All,

I tried this morning the cw key option in pihpsdr. Installed the latest release. Also installed the pihpsdr; latest version.

For me it is working;  Show my setup in pictures:

73 Johan
PA3GSB

cw-1.PNG

cw-2.PNG

cw-3.PNG

cw-4.PNG

Kristofer Danner

Feb 17, 2022, 11:55:08 AM2/17/22
to Radioberry
Johan, are you not using your install scripts? It would appear you aren't as you've got a version of pihpsdr that is over 2 years old. I just did a new install myself, I will detail it:

1. Installed this image: https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspios_full_armhf/images/raspios_full_armhf-2022-01-28/2022-01-28-raspios-bullseye-armhf-full.zip

2. Set timezone/install all updates/etc after initial boot.

3. Enabled I2C via raspi-config

4. Downloaded/executed this shell script: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pa3gsb/Radioberry-2.x/master/SBC/rpi-4/releases/dev/radioberry_install.sh

5. Verified installation:

pi@raspberrypi:/tmp $ sudo systemctl stop radioberry
pi@raspberrypi:/tmp $ sudo radioberry

                        Radioberry V2.0

        Supports 4 receivers and 1 transmitter.

        Build version: 2022.01.24

        Have fun Johan PA3GSB

        Report requests or bugs to <pa3...@gmail.com>.
Radioberry gateware version 73-3.
No Alex, N2ADR or generic filters interface board connected to radioberry
Radioberry amplifier config failed; only a problem if amplifier is installed.
Radioberry, Starting packet rx part.
Radioberry, Starting packet control part.
Radioberry, Starting packet tx part.
Your Radioberry is registered: http://www.pa3gsb.nl/radioberry/api/read.php

6. Downloaded/executed shell script https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pa3gsb/Radioberry-2.x/master/SBC/rpi-4/releases/dev/pihpsdr_install.sh , chose wdsp. Executed again, chose pihpsdr, chose yes for local CW option. Here is what I get:

pihpsdr startup.png

no gpio.png

I have verified the hardware is working by installing wiringpi 2.52, then executing "watch -n 0.1 gpio readall". I see GPIO.29 change state on dit, and GPIO.0 change state on dah.

KD

Peter Hiltz

Feb 17, 2022, 12:07:49 PM2/17/22
to Kristofer Danner, Radioberry
All,

I concur with Kristofer in that I just reinstalled from the releases page and see no change in performance.

However, there may be an answer here........ Can anyone confirm that the radioberry toggles GPIO.29 on a dit and GPIO.0 on a dash?  If true, then a change of pin definition in pihpsdr before compile/install might be the solution, though you'd have to put in the change after downloading pihpsdr and before compile/install, which deletes the download as a clean-up action.

Pete
WV3S

WV3S
Monitoring 146.52 MHz & the CCARC UHF Repeater
WV...@winlink.org   put //WL2K R/ in the subject line

Kristofer Danner

Feb 17, 2022, 12:13:58 PM2/17/22
to Radioberry
Pete:

cd /tmp wget https://project-downloads.drogon.net/wiringpi-latest.deb sudo dpkg -i wiringpi-latest.deb

Then run "watch -n 0.1 gpio readall". Look at the V column while you key, you should see GPIO.29 and GPIO.0 change from 1 to 0 when you key.

KD

Radioberry

Feb 18, 2022, 5:41:37 AM2/18/22
to Radioberry

Hi,

My bad... i did a pull ; did a build but used the icon to start pihpsdr.

Looked into the code did a few mods and it is working.

Need to make a pull request to get it in the pihpsdr repo.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Radioberry

Feb 18, 2022, 9:33:29 AM2/18/22
to Radioberry
Pushed the mod to the fork repo

i have created a pull request.

Have fun.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Kristofer Danner

Feb 18, 2022, 10:05:23 AM2/18/22
to Radioberry
Hi Johan, unfortunately I still get this.

2022-02-18-no-gpio.png

However, I do get dits now, but on both paddles and on straight key also. Doesn't matter if software is set for straight, mode a, or mode b, I still get dits on all 3. If I checkbox keys reversed, then I get dahs on all 3. Checked the other I/O, the PTT switch works, and both INTTR and EXTTR go low on TX as they should.

KD

Radioberry

Feb 18, 2022, 10:56:07 AM2/18/22
to Radioberry

KD

The gpio pins are fixed for radioberry; so you do not have the possiblity to choose ports! Your print is ok.

I have pushed a mod for the dih and dah; the gpio.c file is refactored to work with gpiod ; hope this mod will work for you.

73 Johan
PA3GSB

Kristofer Danner

Feb 18, 2022, 11:18:37 AM2/18/22
to Radioberry
Johan, progress made, I do have dits and dahs now. They are reversed, so the box needs to be checked. Straight key is still broken, is either a dit or dah depending on whether keys reversed is checked or not.

KD

Yado-san

Feb 18, 2022, 11:52:35 AM2/18/22
to Radioberry
Hi Johan,

Thank you for the fix on pihpsdr!
I've confirmed that it works with the latest version of piHPSDR! (CW Option=Yes)
...I've been looking at 'gpio.c' since last summer and couldn't solve it, sorry...

Before gpio.c change: pihpsdr did not work,
After, piHPSDR works. also CW Keyer (dih/dah) work.   Attached
> using RPi OS buster(R10) now.

Yado-san, jg1twp

2022年2月19日土曜日 1:18:37 UTC+9 Kristofer Danner:
PiHPSDR_CW_OK.png