quadstick is stuttering

Trellis Blanton

Jun 28, 2024, 8:37:23 PM (7 days ago) Jun 28
to QuadStick
Hey Fred my quadstick is acting funny as while I'm moving the mouse it will stop and go and center puff sometimes does not function.

 I have done the tube. I also have checked my cords. I have unplugged the power cable for a minute thinking it would recalibrate itself. Any Ideas

Fred Davison

Jun 28, 2024, 8:51:33 PM (7 days ago) Jun 28
to Trellis Blanton, QuadStick
Is this something new?  Was it working fine then suddenly started doing this?

Has anything changed on your computer?  Did the operating system update?  Any new software installed that may be scanning the flash drive?

You can try turning off the USB settings that will try to shut down a USB drive to save power.  http://quadstick.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/user_manual/um/windows_10.htm

Windows cannot tell that the flash drive associated with the quadstick is related to a mouse over the same connection.

The other thing you can try is putting the quadstick into a USB mode that does not have a flash drive exposed.  Update the firmware to 2365 to do this and run a no-flash mouse configuration.

Do NOT make that your default.csv.

Trellis Blanton

Jun 29, 2024, 2:59:55 PM (6 days ago) Jun 29
to QuadStick

Nothing has changed on my computer and the OPS has not updated. I tried everything you listed and it still does it

Fred Davison

Jun 29, 2024, 5:24:25 PM (6 days ago) Jun 29
to Trellis Blanton, QuadStick
See if your computer is running the Intel DSAService updater.  It has a bug where it consumes all the CPU resources periodically: