Some commands aren't reacting

wooseok won

Jun 24, 2024, 4:54:41 AM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to QuadStick
Hi Fred,

so I started using the Quadstick again and noticed that some commands aren't reacting. I cleaned my mouthpiece and checked if there was any liquid in the tube. I followed all the protocols but it still won't work. I tested all the buttons and found out which commands don't work and which do. The buttons not reacting won't even glow red or blue when being puffed or sipped.

Do you have any ideas on what I can do? I just hope it isn't a big problem.

Buttons not reacting:
  • Left puff soft
  • Center puff soft
  • Center sip soft
  • Right puff soft
  • Right sip soft
kind regards

Woo Seok Won

Fred Davison

Jun 24, 2024, 11:18:05 AM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to wooseok won, QuadStick
If the light turns on for a hard sip/puff, the hardware is working.  There is only one sensor per hole.  There is not a separate sensor for soft inputs.

From the manual:  If the Soft pressure zone for a particular tube is not used, the audio tones are suppressed.

Check your configuration file to see if those input signals are used

wooseok won

Jun 24, 2024, 2:28:26 PM (11 days ago) Jun 24
to QuadStick
I forgot to mention this earlier but the buttons for Profile 2 which is the default Keyboard Test.csv does work I didn't make any changes to this one. However Profile 3 which is my LeagueOfLegends.csv which I copied from Keyboard Test.csv and configured, doesn't react to the commands as listed above earlier. I always follow the tutorial to configure my spreadsheet so that can't be the issue here. I sent you the spreadsheets for each profile, perhaps it might be useful. So the profiles that I configured don't seem to work.
Keyboard Test.xlsx
League of Legends .xlsx

Fred Davison

Jun 24, 2024, 3:33:34 PM (11 days ago) Jun 24
to wooseok won, QuadStick
You sent Excel XLSX files.  Are you trying to use Excel with your Quadstick?  That will not work.

The best way to ask for help is to share the link to the Google Docs spreadsheet.

You can also send in a debug report:

How to send in a debugging report with QMP:
  1. Plug the Quadstick into the PC
  2. Start QMP
  3. Wait 20 seconds
  4. Perform the operation that is giving you trouble.
  5. Click in the Transcript pane at the bottom of the window.
  6. Press F1 key
  7. Answer prompt to send in the debugging report
  8. EXIT QMP.  Ignore any error message.
  9. Send me an email so I know to go look for the report.

The League of Legends first mode sheet only has four keys programmed.  Q, R, E, & W.   Three of those are mapped to soft sip/puffs and one to the lip.   That's not going to do much.  I doubt that is what you wanted.

wooseok won

Jun 24, 2024, 3:49:30 PM (11 days ago) Jun 24
to QuadStick
I didn't know how to send the original version sorry. and if the Quadstick isn't working properly, I didn't want to program it till the end. Not before resolving the problem.

Fred Davison

Jun 24, 2024, 5:40:42 PM (11 days ago) Jun 24
to wooseok won, QuadStick
The quadstick hardware is probably working fine.  The configuration files control what it does, or doesn't do.

Send in a debug report:

wooseok won

Jun 25, 2024, 4:00:57 AM (11 days ago) Jun 25
to QuadStick
Hi, so I sent in the debug report. Hope it helps.

Fred Davison

Jun 25, 2024, 3:05:22 PM (10 days ago) Jun 25
to wooseok won, QuadStick
These are the files currently in your quadstick:

The first mode sheet of the default configuration does not do anything.  It is completely blank except for the increment/decrement mode.  Why?  What would be the purpose of that?

The first mode sheet of the League of Legends spreadsheet only has these rows for the configuration:

increment_modenormalright_sip
decrement_modenormalright_puff
kb_qnormalmp_center_sip_soft
kb_rnormalmp_center_puff_soft
kb_enormalmp_left_puff_soft
kb_wnormallip

Nothing else is mapped.  There are no other inputs or outputs used.   How can this be useful?

For the preference settings, these stick out:

deflection_multiplier_down200
deflection_multiplier_left111
deflection_multiplier_right142
deflection_multiplier_up100

Those are very lopsided joystick multiplier settings.  The joystick or mouse response would be very different in each direction.  For instance, it would be twice as sensitive going down and it would be going up.

joystick_deflection_maximum30
joystick_deflection_minimum8

Is your quadstick an original model, or old round FPS, or is it a newer square FPS?  (I can't find an order that matches your name or email)  Those settings are for old models.  The newer FPS made since March 2018 would use a much lower joystick_deflection_minimum, like around 0 to 2.

Looking back just two days ago, there was a completely different set of configuration files in your quadstick:

I see you are naming the spreadsheets with names like "hh.csv", or "overcooked.csv".  I think you are confused about the naming convention used with the quadstick.  The google docs spreadsheet name is not the same as the CSV filename that is loaded into the quadstick's flash drive.

The name of the CSV text file that is copied into the quadstick is derived from cell A2 of the first sheet of the spreadsheet.   (See item 3 of that page in the manual)

I get the feeling you are just trying random trial and error and not really developing an understanding of how to program the quadstick.   Identify your order or the serial number of the quadstick and I'll send you the initial set of files and preference settings that it was shipped with.

wooseok won

Jun 25, 2024, 3:25:18 PM (10 days ago) Jun 25
to QuadStick
Well I guess that's what happens when you don't use it for a long time :). So I looked at the back of the Quadstick, is this the serial number? T9J-RN42 or is it somewhere else? I got the Quadstick from a third party called HomeBrace in Germany that's probably why you can't find an order that matches my name.

Fred Davison

Jun 25, 2024, 8:46:46 PM (10 days ago) Jun 25
to wooseok won, QuadStick
I have attached a ZIP file that contains the configuration CSV files that HomeBrace orders with their Quadsticks.

Open that ZIP file and copy the files inside over to the Quadstick's flash with the Windows File Manager and overwrite any existing files when it prompts you.  Your Quadstick will be back in factory settings.

HomeBrace configurtion files.zip

wooseok won

Jun 26, 2024, 8:53:20 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to QuadStick
Hi Fred

Thanks for your support it's finally working again. Your awesome.

See you next time!

Fred Davison

Jun 26, 2024, 11:23:55 AM (10 days ago) Jun 26
to wooseok won, QuadStick