Quadstick reconnects itself every few seconds, only in default profile

Allan Clayton

May 25, 2020, 5:08:52 PM5/25/20
to QuadStick
On PC, while in the default profile, when using the "mouse" my quadstick disconnects, and I get the windows sound for a usb device being unplugged. The 2 red lights come on and a few seconds later it reconnects and I get the windows sound for a usb device being plugged in. I can then use the "mouse" for about 5 seconds before it all happens again. I haven't noticed this happening in any other profile, and I have not modified the default profile at all since I bought my quadstick 3 years ago.

Fred Davison

May 25, 2020, 6:12:04 PM5/25/20
to Allan Clayton, QuadStick
Try a new USB cable.
Try a different USB port on the PC.

Send in a debugging report with QMP:
  1. Plug the Quadstick into the PC
  2. Start QMP
  3. Wait 20 seconds
  4. Press F1 key
  5. Answer prompt to send in the debugging report
  6. EXIT QMP.  Ignore any error message.
  7. Send me an email so I know to go look for the report.

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 3:08 PM Allan Clayton <allcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
On PC, while in the default profile, when using the "mouse" my quadstick disconnects, and I get the windows sound for a usb device being unplugged. The 2 red lights come on and a few seconds later it reconnects and I get the windows sound for a usb device being plugged in. I can then use the "mouse" for about 5 seconds before it all happens again. I haven't noticed this happening in any other profile, and I have not modified the default profile at all since I bought my quadstick 3 years ago.

Allan Clayton

May 25, 2020, 6:12:10 PM5/25/20
to QuadStick
Ok, so disabling "USB selective suspend settings" in advanced power options seems to have fixed it.

Fred Davison

May 25, 2020, 7:07:27 PM5/25/20
to Allan Clayton, QuadStick
Ohh, it's been a while since that one caused trouble.  I forgot about it.

Allan Clayton

May 25, 2020, 10:02:41 PM5/25/20
to QuadStick
Well... I *thought* what I did fixed it... I'll try those things you mentioned above and in the post you linked next time I'm on that pc.

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 5:08:52 PM UTC-4, Allan Clayton wrote:
On PC, while in the default profile, when using the "mouse" my quadstick disconnects, and I get the windows sound for a usb device being unplugged. The 2 red lights come on and a few seconds later it reconnects and I get the windows sound for a usb device being plugged in. I can then use the "mouse" for about 5 seconds before it all happens again. I haven't noticed this happening in any other profile, and I have not modified the default profile at all since I bought my quadstick 3 years ago.

Allan Clayton

Fred Davison

May 29, 2020, 11:09:52 PM5/29/20
to Allan Clayton, QuadStick
First you need to update the QMP.  You are running QMP 3.03.  There should be a message in the transcript tell you there is a new version available.

Then update the firmware to 2262 or later.

If the problem persists, do another debug report.  3.03 doesn't tell me much.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quadstick/b4bb1018-eae5-4680-a72c-e6500cc04eb5%40googlegroups.com.

Allan Clayton

May 31, 2020, 10:15:09 PM5/31/20
to QuadStick
Thank you so much! Updating the firmware seems to have fixed the issue. I didn't update it before because they all still say "test".