Widgeteering Studios: still in business?

Philip Perkins

Jan 8, 2022, 9:10:00 PM1/8/22
to QLab

The Widgeteering Studios "ProControl Show Remote" was recommended to me as a way of controlling 2 QLAB Macs at once.  I bought one from their online store in early November (for which they charged my credit card) but I have not been able to get in contact with them since.  No shipment, no email and I can't find a phone # for them.  Does anyone here know these guys, and what is up with them?  I'd love to have that gadget, but if I can't get one I'd sure like my money back.  thanks

MSm

Apr 17, 2022, 3:24:33 AM4/17/22
to QLab
check this post:

currently it still shows the oct 8th, 2021 message on the product page.
I assume the company no longer exists

jimsta...@zoho.com

Mar 22, 2023, 6:25:06 PM3/22/23
to QLab
Recently purchased two Q-Widgets from their website, which then showed two in stock.
Chris replied to my note in the order "please let me know if there will be any shipping delays" in a matter of hours, and upgraded the shipping. Arrived in two days.
The two remotes are working great. Its nice to have spares, one of the old ones will come home for the edit system.
This is my preferred controller for QLab. Tried the Stream Deck Mini, will use them for edit shortcuts.
Apparently more Q-Widgets will be available by April Fools day.
Jim

MSm

Mar 23, 2023, 3:49:58 AM3/23/23
to QLab
Well, I am outrageous.
I ordered the remote feb 2021, in my account it says the order is still being processed.
Meanwhile the payment intermediate doesn’t want to refund my money because the deadline for complaints (it was 6 months) has passed.

I tried to email, if the mail didn’t bounceI would not get a reply.

2 years later: no remote, no refund, no communication.

If it were to ship out now I’d also be charged for customs as I am in Europe and there are new regulations in place.

This has been a really bad experience

Philip Perkins

Mar 23, 2023, 12:21:27 PM3/23/23
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I’m gl;ad you had a good experience with Widgeteering.  I had the same experience as MSM 2 yrs ago: the payment went through then
silence.  I finally had my credit card do a fraud investigation and got a refund that way, eventually.  Never a word from Widgeteering ever.
When I posted (here) about this back then I was privately warned off buying from them, both because of selaes issues like I mentioned
and because there were reliability issues with the device.  GoBox Minis work fine for us here…

phil p
--
Contact support anytime: sup...@figure53.com
Follow QLab on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLabApp

Damien Figueras

Mar 23, 2023, 12:58:29 PM3/23/23
to ql...@googlegroups.com
I think Jim might be the outlier here. I've yet to hear of anyone else in the industry that has had an order actually fulfilled by them within the past 2 years. I've been telling folks to completely avoid this company....