[PyCon APAC 2022] PyCon APAC Logo Identification

David Lu

Jul 8, 2022, 2:08:41 AM7/8/22
to PyCon Organizers APAC
Hey folks,

We found that we have discussed about PyCon APAC before (https://groups.google.com/g/pycon-organizers-apac/c/EOvQkl5L3Y8/m/uXwTsLrrAgAJ). However, it is late for changing logo to this in PyCon APAC 2022. I think maybe we could unify our logo identification from next year. If there is no other comments, I will release this APAC logo in the closing of PyCon APAC this year. Feel free to discuss.

By the way, how can I get the original file of this APAC logo?

Best,
David Lu
Selection_170.png

Iqbal Abdullah

Jul 8, 2022, 2:42:48 AM7/8/22
to David Lu, PyCon Organizers APAC
Hey David and everyone else!

I did use this log for our @pyconapac Twitter account, but after
checking with the TM WG, this logo did not pass because it's derived
from the trademark 2 heads snakes logo, and cannot be used.

The current PyCon APAC logo which TW is using looks fine though since
it doesn't have any parts of the trademarked logo (to be honest, I'm
not authorized to say yes or no if a particular logo adheres to the
trademark usage rules: You'll need to ask psf-tra...@python.org
for that).

So anyway, we now need to create a new logo for APAC.
> --

@PyConTW will be hosting #PyConAPAC2022 from 3rd to 4th Sept 2022.
Follow PyCon APAC here: https://twitter.com/pyconapac

David Lu

Jul 13, 2022, 10:20:39 AM7/13/22
to PyCon Organizers APAC
Hey Iqbal,

Thanks for your reminding. Currently, I won't release the logo in the closing this year. And if anyone is interested in designing APAC logo. Feel free to propose your idea.

David Lu

Iqbal Abdullah 在 2022年7月8日 星期五下午2:42:48 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: