July 30th Day of Action

A People's Coalition for FDR Park

Jul 19, 2022, 7:33:28 PM7/19/22
to A People's Coalition for FDR Park
Greetings everyone,

Here are the details for our second Day of Action on July 30th. Also see the attached graphic, which can be distributed through your networks.

PP4FDR’s July 30th Day of Action

9:30 AM – 11:30 AM    FDR Walk & Talk
We'll join FPC's tour of the park and discussion of the Master Plan to ask critical questions and raise our concerns. Hopefully this one won’t be canceled because of rain (that never even happened)! Check out our list of questions.

Meeting Location: Boathouse

11:30 AM – 1:00 PM    Community & Capacity Building
Connecting with Philly Thrive, EQAT, and other orgs engaging in Land Justice and related struggles. There will be food, relationship building, and workgroup planning.

Meeting Location: Meadows Entrance / Field

1:00 PM – 4:00 PM        NVDA Action Role Training (w/ EQAT)
Come join this participatory training led by Earth Quaker Action Team (EQAT) where we'll reflect on the many roles that make a successful nonviolent direct action. We'll identify what skills are needed to be an effective action lead, police liaison, or marshall and then practice those skills in small groups led by experienced trainers. We'll also talk about how to keep groups grounded during turbulent times. Meet folks from other Philly groups in the process and leave empowered and energized.

Meeting Location: Tent near Clubhouse

Register here:

Hope to see you there,

Kermit