Postbox and New Extensions - Specifically Lightning

JoshFink

Jul 20, 2013, 9:58:21 AM7/20/13
to postbox-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I saw the post by Robert Orzanna on another thread about a different extension but I didn't want to hijack that thread.

In the post it referenced the instructions here which I tried to reply to but for some reason it's not showing up so I figured this was the best place to post.

I tried the instructions  for updating the Lightning extensions to a more recent version (wow is Postbox behind) and I couldn't get it to work.

Specifically, with the changes I can now add it to Postbox and it shows the extension running but after that I can do nothing. The calendar won't open and it obviously won't allow me to enter any credentials.

I'm using Postbox 3.0.8 on OSX but addons should be universal I believe.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh

David Rees

Jul 23, 2013, 8:19:11 PM7/23/13
to postbox-d...@googlegroups.com
I believe Lightning is pretty tied to its Thunderbird version, so I think getting it working on a different version is probably not easy.

I also think Lightning does have binary components. So you do need to be using the OSX version with Postbox. The way you edit the extension manifest is the same though.

Other than that I don't think I have any suggestions other than asking the Lightning folks.

JoshFink

Jul 23, 2013, 10:11:07 PM7/23/13
to postbox-d...@googlegroups.com
David, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

When I had paid for Postbox I just, mistakenly so, assumed that Lightning would work with no problems. I was wrong.

I made the changes to the manifest and it didn't do anything so it seems that I might be out of luck.

I really wish I could find a good Gmail client with calendar built in. Or even if I could get links to work out of Postbox to open up iCal or such that would be great.

Oh well..

Thanks

Josh

Dan Pritts

Jul 25, 2013, 9:29:45 PM7/25/13

On Jul 23, 2013, at 10:11 PM, JoshFink <fink...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I really wish I could find a good Gmail client with calendar built in. Or even if I could get links to work out of Postbox to open up iCal or such that would be great.

They work fine for me. Double-click on the attached .ics and calendar opens.

danno