Scenario Questions on CIPP/US

Kayla Dingman

Jul 20, 2021, 3:32:53 PM7/20/21
to SCU PLSO CIPP Study Group
Hi Everyone,

I'm studying/preparing to take the CIPP/US exam. Can anyone give their thoughts/any pointers on the scenario questions? Were they extremely difficult? How did you prepare besides taking practice tests?

Thanks!
Kayla

Brandon Jasso

Jul 22, 2021, 2:05:25 PM7/22/21
to SCU PLSO CIPP Study Group
Good morning Kayla,

I just took the test last night and passed it. The scenario questions were pretty specific questions from the scenario. They were straight forward that if you read the scenario you could answer the question. One did catch me off guard, but after going back to the scenario I felt that I was able to answer it. Across the board I averaged an 85% on the test, with my weakest sections being limits on privacy-sector collection, and state privacy laws.

When I did practice questions, I was average between 84% on them. The practice questions were pretty helpful. I did use the Jasper Jacobs' questions from Amazon too. People have mixed feelings about Jacobs, but I found them useful.

Another thing that was helpful was I did the Become a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) with Mike Chapple on LinkedIn learning. You have to have LinkedIn Premium to use it though. The Course is a very general overview, but I found it helpful to supplement.

I prepared by reading the book thoroughly, making an outline using the CIPP_US_Outline_CV_AS_Updates, and then supplementing it with my own notes. Also I reviewed an additional outline, and merged it with mine. I have attached that outline for your reference.

Hope this helps.
RSS Fall 2020 CIPP_US Outline.docx