Looking forward to OpenHour on Tuesday!! I'll send the link out to the event about 30 minutes before we start, please try to be on 15 minutes early, just to make sure we're all on
so I can post the link for others to join the live call (it will limit at 10, but others will watch from the www.publiclab.org/openhour
Just to catch up a bit, and set a loose structure, lets plan on this for the hour:
Introduction: (10 minutes)
Welcome to the OpenHour (Stevie)
We'll all introduce ourselves, our names and where we're calling in from
Introduction to GSoC (Jeff)
About the Projects: (30 minutes)
- Plan to talk about your project for 5-7 minutes
- We can screen-share if you want to show anything
- The material from your final post should be good for this.
Open Discussion: (20 minutes)
Question/Answers, next steps, ideas
Things to keep in mind:
- Some people could be hearing from you and about your project for the first time, so be sure to give a little background. Things like what got you excited in this particular project, what the project entails will be really helpful for providing some context. You know these projects best!
- While some people joining us will know a thing or two about coding, we will probably have some listeners who don't know much about it, but are really excited to hear about new features. If you spend time talking about the technical side of the project, be sure to also talk about how users can expect to interact with the features.
Really excited for OpenHour!