Unmaintained at this repo? Move to github?

Steve McMahon

Jun 3, 2014, 11:23:27 AM6/3/14
to plo...@googlegroups.com
The beatbox package does not seem to be maintained at the googlecode repo. Issues are accumulating, and the code does not work with current Python 2.7.

Any objection to moving -- or forking -- to github.com/collective?

David Glick

Jun 3, 2014, 12:22:07 PM6/3/14
to plo...@googlegroups.com
I'd be fine with that.

I've been using simple-salesforce
(https://pypi.python.org/pypi/simple-salesforce) for new development,
since Salesforce's REST API is quite a bit nicer to work with than the
SOAP API, so I haven't had much reason to work on beatbox lately.

David

Steve McMahon

Jun 3, 2014, 1:11:07 PM6/3/14
to plo...@googlegroups.com
I've only run into it while trying to get the Plone salesforcebaseconnector working with Python 2.7.