Question re http connection to Salesforce (docu updating)

Christopher Johnson

Jan 22, 2011, 9:41:21 PM1/22/11
to plo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm doing a first pass through the Plone-Salesforce documentation collection. So far have fixed some broken links, updated outdated information (like that we use api v 7.0! avoided maintenance problem by just removing that reference...).

Anyway, it brought up a question I received when reviewing the Base Conenctor documentation. On http://plone.org/documentation/kb/integrating-plone-with-salesforce/salesforce-base-connector it mentions managing the http connection to Salesforce. I was wondering about https connection to Salesforce from Plone. Is this currently done? If not, should be consider this a configurable options for sites? Seems like secure communication with Salesforce would be desired (especially for the donation/ecommerce transactions).

If others have contributions or suggestions on the documentation section, let's keep them flowing!

Cheers,
Chris

--
Cofounder and CEO
ifPeople - Innovation for People

David Glick

Jan 22, 2011, 9:50:33 PM1/22/11
to plo...@googlegroups.com, plo...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is an https connection. The specific connection endpoint is configurable in the base connector.  (so you can point at different API versions, or at the sandbox login)

David Glick
Sent from my mobile
   In a time of inner rest
      Please forgive brevity