plan9 port and OSX - "Allow Full Disk Access"

Steve Simon

Mar 10, 2022, 9:53:49 AMMar 10
to plan9port-dev
Hi all,

Sorry if this is really obvious to those with more OSX knowledge,
but I cannot work out how to grant access to my plan9port tools to
some of my directories like $home/Desktop and $home/Downloads.

This is not a problem of Unix/plan9 permissions, that I understand.
The issue seems to be with the OSX Security and Priviacy feature.
I have granted Full Disk Access to Sam, B, samterm, 9term.app, and rc
but I still cannot list the files in $home/Desktop.

If its relevant I have changed my shell to /usr/local/plan9/bin/rc and start
terminals using /usr/local/plan9/mac/9term.app.

it is so frustrating when computers get in the way rather than helping you.

Thanks,

-Steve