Perspective/DAM

Ömer YÜCE

Feb 7, 2017, 11:54:50 AM2/7/17
to pimcore
Hello,

How can I use this feature found on the demo site?

There is no demo to download the DAM menu under the Perspective tab under the File menu. I have something I need to do to enable it.

Thank you.

Dietmar Rietsch

Feb 8, 2017, 1:50:08 AM2/8/17
to pimcore
Hello!

That's a feature called Pimcore Perspectives. More information can be found at https://www.pimcore.org/docs/latest/Tools_and_Features/Perspectives.html

Best regards,
Dietmar

Ömer YÜCE

Feb 8, 2017, 3:12:56 AM2/8/17
to pim...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I have seen the article you mentioned but it is not explained on the page how to add DAM tab. So if you ask me, can you tell me how to add DAM tab.

Andreas Wulf

Feb 14, 2017, 1:03:33 PM2/14/17
to pimcore
Didn't work with it, but when I read it, I thought that if you define new item in customviews.php, then you will find it in menubar (after reload pimcore-backend).

Andreas

Christian Fasching

Feb 15, 2017, 2:45:01 AM2/15/17
to pimcore
Hi,
the DAM entry is also just another perspective that is called DAM - same like the perspective 'Assets only' in this sample: https://github.com/pimcore/pimcore/blob/master/website_demo/config/perspectives.example.php#L161

So, just add a DAM perspective in your perspective.php, configure icons and element trees and then it should appear.
If you don't want to use one of the default trees (documents, assets, objects), you can configure custom trees with the customviews.php as described here: https://www.pimcore.org/docs/latest/Objects/Object_Classes/Class_Settings/Custom_Views.html

Cheers..