Thimbleberry's internships and invitation to Edgefield Friends and Family Night (Feb. 28)

Amanda Martinez

Feb 23, 2023, 8:17:52 PM2/23/23
to pf...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I hope you're staying warm and enjoying the snow today! I'm writing today to share some info about Thimbleberry's open internship positions and to invite you to our Friends and Family Night at McMenamins Edgefield on Feb. 28, 5pm-close. More info below!

Thanks,
Amanda

Thimbleberry Collaborative Farm (TCF) is a nonprofit, educational farm located near Gresham. Our mission is to advance individual, community, and environmental health in East Multnomah County by providing access to healthy, local produce; access to land; educational programs; and community-led events. TCF's educational programs include field trips with local schools and workshops, which are offered on a sliding scale fee system and are open to everyone in the community. All educational programs focus on growing and cooking with seasonal produce, and on the social, environmental, and health impacts of our food system, and what we can do to improve it.

We are looking for a farm intern and an education intern to join our team for this season! Here are some brief bullet points about each role, but please see the attached position descriptions for more details.

Farm Intern:

  • Will assist Farm Operations Manager in growing mixed fruits and vegetables using organic and, whenever possible, regenerative practices
  • Will learn about organic and regenerative growing methods including low/ no-till farming, drip irrigation, using a chicken tractor, composting, attracting beneficial organisms, and more
  • Will work about 20 hrs/ wk from about May 29 to August 11
  • Paid $15.50/ hr
Education Intern:
  • Will assist the Education Programs Manager in planning, preparing for, and hosting workshops, field trips, and our educational booth at the weekly farmers market
  • Will learn about developing curricula and lesson plans, planning for accessibility, tailoring educational content to people of all ages, making learning fun and experiential, program/ impact evaluation, and more
  • Flexible hours (5-15 hrs/ wk); hybrid work
  • Help needed April through November; internships can start and end any time in that window
  • Unpaid. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, TCF is able to host interns who need school credit and/or interns who secure payment through their schools

Edgefield Friends and Family Night for Thimbleberry.png

Amanda Martinez, she/her
Executive Director
Farm Intern Position Description.pdf
Education Intern Position Description.pdf
Edgefield Friends and Family Night for Thimbleberry.png