Port Property's Proposal For Pedestrian Circulation In Bayside

Scsmedia

Mar 13, 2023, 6:28:49 PM3/13/23
to Bike List -- Google Google Group
I am starting a new thread on this issue so that it is properly labled with Alex's orginal response.  Some of us have a bad habit of just dropping a new idea into an existing thread which can make it difficult to find stuff later on.

Attached is the document Alex sent out which is page 14 of a Port Property Visioning Plan.  Could someone send the group the full document?

Steven Scharf

Mon, Mar 13 at 4:02 PM
I'm guessing this proposal by Port Property is the basis of what is being discussed, PDF attached. It's for 800+ new units of rental housing (201 'affordable'), a relatively small amount of retail space, other details on attachment.

I am not completely sure, but I believe that the 'woonerf' on Lancaster St, between Preble and Elm streets isn't seen as sufficient green and/or open space to be contributed to the neighborhood. Personally, I am a bit leery of the woonerf, as a to-be-built plan isn't provided; also, I can see how people would park their vehicles all over it, and the only enforcement would be by Portland's Parking Enforcement.

As well, there are long-standing issues with circulation in the neighborhood, which could connect or be solved by this development.

But I'll be at the meeting, and look forward to the discussion.
Alex

Port Property West Bayside Visioning 3-2023 Page 14.pdf

Nathan Miller

Mar 13, 2023, 6:51:14 PM3/13/23
to Bike List -- Google Google Group
Citizen Self Service web site