NEWS: The 'Ringo Starr' of birds is now endangered: How to save our drum-playing palm cockatoos

GrrlScientist

Nov 12, 2021, 3:38:01 AM11/12/21
to parrot-spec...@googlegroups.com

"analysis predicts a severe decline from 47% to as high as 95% over the next half-century. Given the current population is estimated at just 3,000 birds, it is likely to drop to as low as 150 birds. They could all but disappear from Australia in our lifetimes."

The 'Ringo Starr' of birds is now endangered: How to save our drum-playing palm cockatoos

Devorah Bennu, PhD
GrrlScientist
Words: Forbes | Medium | GoodReads
Curator: @ParrotsGroup
sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt. [Virgil, Aeneid]