ReferenceError and pactester exit status

SGO77

Jun 29, 2011, 2:21:34 PM6/29/11
to pactester
Hello,

We use a home made script ( ksh ) to manage our pac file.
The script call pactester (1.0.8) to verify the pacfile and show the
resulting proxy methods.

If pactester exits with status equal to zero, the script push the pac
file on the web server used by corporate browsers.

Few days ago,our users were not able to use any website because we put
an error in our pac file.
The error was in a call to the undefined shExpMatcs function (instead
of "shExpMatch" ).

Pactester print an error message but exit with status code 0 ...

I just test pactester/pacparser 1.2.9-1 and got the same issue.
Is it possible to fix this ?

example (file bad.pac) :
if (
shExpMatch(host, "hhhh.xxxx.fr") ||
shExpMatcs(host, "zzzz.aaaa.fr") ||
shExpMatch(host, "clientaccess.blabla.com")
)
{
return "proxy1:8080";
}

]# ./pactester -p ./bad.pac -u http://www.google.fr ; echo "*** $?
***"
JSERROR: PAC script:532:
ReferenceError: shExpMatcs is not defined
undefined
*** 0 ***

Thanks in advance,
sgo77

Manu Garg

Jul 3, 2011, 8:56:43 AM7/3/11
to pacp...@googlegroups.com, pact...@googlegroups.com, sgour...@gmail.com
Hi sgo77,
Thanks for reporting this issue. I was able to reproduce it.

I have opened a bug to track this issue:

Request you to please follow up in the bug.

Thanks in advance,
sgo77

Manu Garg
http://www.manugarg.com
"Journey is the destination of life."

Manu Garg

Sep 10, 2011, 4:18:19 AM9/10/11
to pacp...@googlegroups.com, pact...@googlegroups.com, sgour...@gmail.com
FYI: This issue has been fixed in the release 1.3.0.