A new meetup, a new venue.

Jenny List

Nov 8, 2015, 6:33:34 PM11/8/15
to Oxford Raspberry Jam
Evening all,
   It's been an awfully long time since we had a Pi Jam in Oxford, so I have a proposal.

Oxford Hackspace have finally taken possession of their new premises, courtesy of Science Oxford in the basement of what used to be Macclesfield House, the big grey office building next to the castle mound. It'a a big space, it has all sorts of exciting stuff coming to it, and most importantly for our purposes they are open to Oxford Raspberry Jam having periodic meetups there.

The suggestion is that a Wednesday night would be appropriate, we turn up and follow the tried and tested show-and-tell format. A small donation to Oxford Hackspace would probably be appreciated, but not mandatory. Perhaps you'd appreciate a hackspace tour while you're there. Several workshops are awaiting their toolong but there is still plenty to talk about.

To give a little planning time I'd like to nominate either of the first three Wednesday nights in December. I have one or two juicy things to show that I've done with my Pis since we last met, I hope you do too.

Jenny

Jenny List

Nov 10, 2015, 5:59:00 AM11/10/15
to Oxford Raspberry Jam
   It's been an awfully long time since we had a Pi Jam in Oxford, so I have a proposal.

A couple of offlist replies, which is good. I'm going to settle on Wednesday the 9th of December.

I'll now put it up on the Raspberry Pi forums.
Jenny

Alex Gibson

Nov 10, 2015, 5:25:05 PM11/10/15
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com, Oxford Raspberry Jam
Hi Jenny,

Thanks for kicking off the 2015 jam!!!

Will check the 9th, and certainly have projects to show.  The 3D printing has kept me several people's worth of busy but have managed to do some Pi hacking and education stuff too...

Cheers
Alex
Tapped on my mobile phone.

Pete Wood

Nov 12, 2015, 2:58:17 PM11/12/15
to Oxford Raspberry Jam
Hi Jenny!

Great job!  I've been so busy with things and other evening events, it will be great to see some old and new faces! The 9th Dec is hopefully ok for me, just need to check my wife is around for the kids, so i'm a 90% yes.

I have one  project that shows off the Gerbot, Sense Hat, Camera with Face tracking, A Raspberry Pi Touch Screen and a IoTdemo.

On a separate note... I may have some bit and bobs to donate to the hackspace :-)

Pete

Jenny List

Nov 14, 2015, 5:37:52 AM11/14/15
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com
Morning all, and sorry it's been a couple of days, it's been a bit busy here.

Science Oxford have come back to us and informed us that they are having an event in the building a bit earlier in the evening on the 9th. We can still have our Jam, but it will have to start at 7:30.

If this is not practical for us there is always the previous Wednesday. However I have no particular problems with a 7:30 start. Perhaps if people are here earlier we could convene in a nearby watering hole and move over the road at the appointed time.

Jenny

Alex Gibson

Nov 17, 2015, 4:07:47 PM11/17/15
to oxford-ras...@googlegroups.com

Sounds sensible to me!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Oxford Raspberry Jam" group.