Won't have "Display position always in center"

Ush

Aug 16, 2021, 6:33:04 AMAug 16
to OsmAnd
Hi, rather than displaying the position in the center I'd prefer displaying the position on the lower part of the display. I unchecked "Display position always in center" but still the position is centered. I've restarted OSMand but still the same.

Thanks for a hint.
Ush

GOUPIL 30101

Aug 16, 2021, 6:53:35 AMAug 16
to OsmAnd
Désolé, je ne connais pas d'autre solution
Sorry, I don't know any other solution

DÉPLACER LE CURSEUR bas écran
Menu (les 3 traits horizontaux en bas à G)
Configurer le profil
Paramètres généraux
Désactiver "Centrer l'écran sur la position actuelle"

MOVE CURSOR bottom screen
Menu (the 3 horizontal lines at the bottom on L)
Configure profile
general settings
Deactivate "Center screen on current position"

Harry van der Wolf

Aug 16, 2021, 7:02:09 AMAug 16
to osmand
Note that OsmAnd does this per profile, map view, car, cycling, etc.
Did you set it on the used profiles?

Op ma 16 aug. 2021 om 12:33 schreef Ush <68us...@gmail.com>:
Hi, rather than displaying the position in the center I'd prefer displaying the position on the lower part of the display. I unchecked "Display position always in center" but still the position is centered. I've restarted OSMand but still the same.

Thanks for a hint.
Ush

Ush

Aug 16, 2021, 8:05:23 AMAug 16
to OsmAnd
Thanks to both of you for replying. Yes, I deactivated that feature on both map view and car profile and restarted my smartphone..

Ush

Aug 16, 2021, 8:06:38 AMAug 16
to OsmAnd
...and it won't work.

Ushuaia Ushuaia

Aug 17, 2021, 3:46:44 AMAug 17
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I have reset all settings  and the cursor returned to the lower part of the display. I ignore what feature put the the cursor in the center of the display although the feature "Display position always in center" was off.
Thanks to the community for replying to my initial question.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OsmAnd" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osmand/5c811cab-be87-461e-acb5-6deb121b2014n%40googlegroups.com.

Peter B - pebogufi

Aug 17, 2021, 1:14:11 PMAug 17
to OsmAnd

It only works if the Icon/button North / Compass / Moving direction is set to Moving direction.
For the other zwo options is does not make sense.
Peter

Ushuaia Ushuaia

Aug 18, 2021, 4:22:09 AMAug 18
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter, That's it ! You're an expert. Thanks for the perfect explanation.
😀💪👍👏