Won't have "Display position always in center"

Ush

Aug 16, 2021, 6:33:04 AM8/16/21
to OsmAnd
Hi, rather than displaying the position in the center I'd prefer displaying the position on the lower part of the display. I unchecked "Display position always in center" but still the position is centered. I've restarted OSMand but still the same.

Thanks for a hint.
Ush

GOUPIL 30101

Aug 16, 2021, 6:53:35 AM8/16/21
to OsmAnd
Désolé, je ne connais pas d'autre solution
Sorry, I don't know any other solution

DÉPLACER LE CURSEUR bas écran
Menu (les 3 traits horizontaux en bas à G)
Configurer le profil
Paramètres généraux
Désactiver "Centrer l'écran sur la position actuelle"

MOVE CURSOR bottom screen
Menu (the 3 horizontal lines at the bottom on L)
Configure profile
general settings
Deactivate "Center screen on current position"

Harry van der Wolf

Aug 16, 2021, 7:02:09 AM8/16/21
to osmand
Note that OsmAnd does this per profile, map view, car, cycling, etc.
Did you set it on the used profiles?

Op ma 16 aug. 2021 om 12:33 schreef Ush <68us...@gmail.com>:
Hi, rather than displaying the position in the center I'd prefer displaying the position on the lower part of the display. I unchecked "Display position always in center" but still the position is centered. I've restarted OSMand but still the same.

Thanks for a hint.
Ush

Ush

Aug 16, 2021, 8:05:23 AM8/16/21
to OsmAnd
Thanks to both of you for replying. Yes, I deactivated that feature on both map view and car profile and restarted my smartphone..

Ush

Aug 16, 2021, 8:06:38 AM8/16/21
to OsmAnd
...and it won't work.

Ushuaia Ushuaia

Aug 17, 2021, 3:46:44 AM8/17/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
I have reset all settings  and the cursor returned to the lower part of the display. I ignore what feature put the the cursor in the center of the display although the feature "Display position always in center" was off.
Thanks to the community for replying to my initial question.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OsmAnd" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osmand/5c811cab-be87-461e-acb5-6deb121b2014n%40googlegroups.com.

Peter B - pebogufi

Aug 17, 2021, 1:14:11 PM8/17/21
to OsmAnd

It only works if the Icon/button North / Compass / Moving direction is set to Moving direction.
For the other zwo options is does not make sense.
Peter

Ushuaia Ushuaia

Aug 18, 2021, 4:22:09 AM8/18/21
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter, That's it ! You're an expert. Thanks for the perfect explanation.
😀💪👍👏

Martin Trautmann

Dec 9, 2022, 4:52:33 PM12/9/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
where do you find this setup in the settings? Screenshot would be
welcome since mine is the German version where names are different.

All I find is to jump back to the centered position after 20 seconds,
during navigation.

Unfortunately. my centered view is far, far below the center, at less
than 20 % of the height, instead of 50 % - regardless of the usual fixed
north-on-top view or any other compass view.

I'm on Osmand+ 4.3.2 and this offset error appeared several weeks ago.

Tom Crocker

Dec 9, 2022, 5:42:19 PM12/9/22
to OsmAnd

On Fri, 9 Dec 2022, 21:52 Martin Trautmann, <tr...@gmx.de> wrote:
On 21-08-16 12:33, Ush wrote:
> Hi, rather than displaying the position in the center I'd prefer
> displaying the position on the lower part of the display. I unchecked
> "Display position always in center" but still the position is
> centered. I've restarted OSMand but still the same.

where do you find this setup in the settings? Screenshot would be
welcome since mine is the German version where names are different.

Screenshot_20221209-223048.jpg

Screenshot_20221209-223106.jpg
Screenshot_20221209-223127.jpg

Screenshot_20221209-223143.jpg

Martin Trautmann

Dec 10, 2022, 3:23:49 AM12/10/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'd never noticed it deep down there and I don't remember I ever
changed it.

Tom Crocker

Dec 10, 2022, 3:36:14 AM12/10/22
to OsmAnd
On Sat, 10 Dec 2022, 08:23 Martin Trautmann, <tr...@gmx.de> wrote:
Thanks! I'd never noticed it deep down there and I don't remember I ever
changed it.

The behaviour has changed recently. Even with that setting it used to only display at the bottom in combination with the movement orientation, because it only really makes sense in that orientation (eg when navigating along a route). So you probably had it set but had the compass on north. Now it's a permanent setting because it's simpler to explain, but I don't think it makes sense.

Martin Trautmann

Dec 10, 2022, 3:41:17 AM12/10/22
to osm...@googlegroups.com, Tom Crocker
for movement it seems nice - but I never use that.

Message has been deleted