cannot make zwave reliable for my heating system

Radar

Jan 4, 2021, 10:31:34 AMJan 4
to OpenZWave
Hi, first, I wish a happy and healthy 2021 to all of you.
Then, I post my request: I'm looking for help regarding my z-wave network and all the issues I have. There is not a single day where I don't have issues.

All my heating system is based on Home Assistant Supervised running on a NUC and z-wave radiator valves and z-wave heater switch connected through a ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 EU by AEON Labs gateway.
I have about 18 valves, 15 Danfoss-based (Danfoss, Popp, and Devolo) and 3 Eurotronic spirit Zwave+. The switch of my heater is a Fibaro FGS221. I'm using Home Assistant 2020.12.2 and OZW 0.7.1 addon based on OZW 1c7b620 commit.
My valves are spread all over the house (one basement, a ground floor and 2 floors), and I have 7 powered devices also spread all over the house (2 in the basement, 1 at ground floor, 2 at first floor, and 2 at 2nd floor). Powered devices include 3 Zwave+ Fibaro wall plug and 4 Fibaro FGS221 double switches.
I have issues with my valves not receiving instructions from the bridge resulting in over-/under-heating
So I use automation to resend the instructions if the valves do not react. That has given pretty good results.
However, the Eurotronic valves require almost daily, to be refreshed. Otherwise, they do not react to instructions any more.
As you can see, there is a lot of dead nodes in my network. Those are nodes that do not exist anymore. https://i.snipboard.io/8k30HM.jpg
The yellow and red nodes are 2 of the three Eurotronic valves. Those are the only ones with weak signal while they are at the same floor as 3 other Danfoss-based valves and very close to 2 powered nodes.
And in this figure, you can see the number of failed messages with 5 Danfoss-based valves. https://i.snipboard.io/mx71wo.jpg
Node 54 is very close to the bridge, while the others are pretty far (zwave in the basement and the 4 other valves at 2nd floor)
So, here are my questions:
  • Can OZW be the reason of this misbehaving? Should I test something else like zwave2mqtt?
  • Why the Eurotronic valves stop responding about 1 day after they have been refreshed? I know there is many issues with these valves but I read they were about something else.
  • Is 7 powered devices not enough for my ~ 20 battery devices?
  • Can my ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 EU by AEON Labs be the reason of this behavior?
  • Can the configuration of my house be the reason of these issues and z-wave not suitable for such a house?
Thanks for reading my long thread.