Thread Commisioning don't change the Network Name and other parameters

37 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Nikhil Komalan

lukematon,
10.8.2021 klo 2.14.1510.8.2021
vastaanottaja openthread-users
Hello,

I created a network using Border Router GUI with new parameters. I used external commissioning using Thread Mobile app to commission new thread devices. I managed to successfully commission my new devices  using app by passing eui64 and passphrase of joiner. But when i check the joiner Network Name and other parameters it's not changed as per the new network formation.

Only thing that got changed is PANID, Channel and Masterkey/NetworkKey. My joiner device also showed device joining success in terminal and i was able to ping my NCP device as well.

But i want t know why Network Name and some other parameters was not set as per new network. And will that effect my communication in anyway ? Because i was able to ping the border router successfully.

I would like to know what are the steps i should perform if i have to recommission the same device to another network. Suppose again i have changed the Network parameters in Border Router GUI and form the network. Will the external commissioning work with out flash erase  ???

Jonathan Hui

lukematon,
10.8.2021 klo 16.35.5410.8.2021
vastaanottaja Nikhil Komalan, openthread-users
Typically, the first step of recommissioning a device involves a factory reset. Does the issue still occur after performing a factory reset?

Network Name and Extended PAN ID are really information for the user and do not affect Thread connectivity.

--
Jonathan Hui

Nikhil Komalan

lukematon,
10.8.2021 klo 23.10.3310.8.2021
vastaanottaja openthread-users
okay i can apply factory reset on my thread devices. But how to apply the same to a NCP device ?
And so from my understanding panid,channel and masterkey should be same for all thread devices on the network  communicate.

Jonathan Hui

lukematon,
11.8.2021 klo 16.17.3111.8.2021
On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 8:10 PM Nikhil Komalan <nkoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
okay i can apply factory reset on my thread devices. But how to apply the same to a NCP device ?

When using `wpantund`, you can use the `wpanctl leave` command.

And so from my understanding panid,channel and masterkey should be same for all thread devices on the network  communicate.

Correct.

--
Jonathan Hui

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:14 PM Nikhil Komalan <nkoma...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

11.8.2021 klo 21.02.5611.8.2021
vastaanottaja Jonathan Hui, openthread-users
Ok, thanks.

Can you refer me any link from where I can get all wpantud commands.

Jonathan Hui

lukematon,
11.8.2021 klo 21.05.0511.8.2021
vastaanottaja Nikhil Komalan, openthread-users

If compiled with libreadline or libedit, wpanctl supports an convenient interactive console. All commands support online help: type help to get a list of supported commands, or add -h to a command to get help with that specific command.

--
Jonathan Hui

Nikhil Komalan

lukematon,
11.8.2021 klo 21.10.0611.8.2021
vastaanottaja Jonathan Hui, openthread-users
Got it, thanks!
Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä