Wikidata reconcilitation services

Caz Bolton

Jan 21, 2021, 2:48:41 PM1/21/21
to OpenRefine
Hi

I don't appear to be able to use the wikidata reconciliation service. When I select to reconcile data - and choose the wikidata extension - it just spins with "working message" and gets no further.

I've also noticed that for some previous projects where I've already reconciled using wikidata that these don't seem to show when I hover other them.

I've just installed and using 3.4.1 for Windows with Java Development Kit.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Jevon, Graham

Jan 22, 2021, 8:32:25 AM1/22/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Caz

There might be a solution in this thread: https://groups.google.com/g/openrefine/c/SKz_w7eipEk/m/jvukXYv9BQAJ

If it is the same problem I experienced, one of these two solutions provided by Antonin should help:

Update: you can fix this issue in two ways:
- remove the Wikidata reconciliation service and add it manually using
this new URL:
https://wdreconcile.toolforge.org/en/api

- or upgrade to 3.4-beta2 (which will register the new service by default).

Experience the British Library online at www.bl.uk
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail and notify the postm...@bl.uk : The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent.
Think before you print

Tom Morris

Jan 22, 2021, 3:18:07 PM1/22/21
to openr...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:32 AM Jevon, Graham <Graham...@bl.uk> wrote:

- or upgrade to 3.4-beta2 (which will register the new service by default).

You should use the latest release, 3.4.1 (or later, if you are reading this in the archive years from now).

Tom