Help wiring in and setup of Duet 3 Mini 5+ Ex liteplacer to be modified

Adam Saiyad

Jan 12, 2022, 11:29:17 AM1/12/22
to OpenPnP
Hello all and greetings fellow Makers.
I have just purchased a Duet 3 mini 5+ and will be getting ready to wire it in .
Please can i skip a few steps and ask for help regarding the X and Y axis and Z for the head pick up . As well as led lighting for both cameras not sure which ports and pins to use though it does seem similar to the duet 2 wifi .. but the pin out is not quite the same .

Will need a little guidance on creating a C axis for the rotation and will need help getting motion and speed processes working correctly .
Any pointers and tips would be greatly appreciated .
I had an issue with the Motor control board TinyG and decided to move away from the noisy stepper motors ..
Openpnp offers alot of advanced features over the liteplacer and ive started with the camera configs so far so good with measurements and setup on top facing down camera .
Next up bottom facing up camera measurement ..
Thank you in advance ..

dc42

Jan 13, 2022, 7:58:30 AM1/13/22
to OpenPnP
I'm no expert on OpenPnP; however, to set up the axes I suggest you use the following command in /sys/config.g on the SD card in the Duet:

M584 X0 Y1 Z2 C3

Regarding the LEDs, what voltage do they need, and how much current do they draw?

NismoBoy34

Jan 13, 2022, 10:41:44 AM1/13/22
to OpenPnP
Thanks for assisting . The leds are very minimal draw i would not say more then 200ma 12v.
Both are for the cameras down and up facing .
The pump will also need connection and its 24v but not sure what draw it has again minimal i assume less than 1 amp .

Is it not possible to run a Web Gui config for each axis ?
and for the corresponding parameter switches for limit sensors ?

mark maker

Jan 13, 2022, 1:04:01 PM1/13/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Existing Duet users, @Wolfgang?, please help him! Or better yet, write that missing Wiki page! 😎

@NismoBoy34, see also here, but no guarantees that this was the latest by Wolfgang:

https://groups.google.com/g/openpnp/c/PubHW-mdh9U/m/U8GOcvBVAgAJ

_Mark

NismoBoy34

Jan 23, 2022, 4:11:20 PM1/23/22
to OpenPnP
Good day,

@ma...@Makr.zone thank you for All the advice and guidance and for making me dig deeper to understand the system . Ive spent the weekend paying CNC and pick and place School fees and i would like to think its paid off . I now have a Z calibration correct at 35mm of travel with the correct amount of steps, ive readjusted the X and Y axis steps too as they were incorrect too .
Ive then proceeded with the advanced calibration and succeeded .  My Nozzle tip is still not 100% aligned i have about 1mm difference in the X axis .. which i will need to resolve ( but not sure how to ) tried to reopen the completed and accepted wizards and tried to run fiducial 1 x calibration which was a success but Y calibration on fiducial 2 was failed and mainly because even with in the soft limits of the machine im still hitting the limit switches ... not sure why.

Never the less Still my greatest thanks to Mark and fellow contributors so far im really impressed the efforts placed on visual aid and offset wizards make this one of the most fully comprehensive solutions out there .

I still have to home the machine before powering up manually or using the DWC which im not sure why happens.. but with out this the software does not know the limits of the Low X and Y and wont travel with out providing an error cannot go below soft limit X ...
As asked previously what should be the correct homing sequence should one manually home the head as close to the Homing fiducial ?

i now need to find some decent rs485 feeders that i can use as i have a lot of components and i hate dealing with them on the open table .

Still setting up the components and placement heights etc to come to that but i think i should be completed soon .
Will post my progress here .

mark maker

Jan 24, 2022, 2:18:43 AM1/24/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

> As asked previously what should be the correct homing sequence should one manually home the head as close to the Homing fiducial ?

Assuming you have the Liteplacer hardware (right?) , you also have limit switches. So you should be able to automatically home the machine.

Like I said earlier, you should aim for a Z before X/Y homing sequence, i.e. Z needs to be lifted first, before the machine can safely home X, Y.

Z needs to be home-to-max (lift up), obviously. Only the Max switch is a limit switch in the Liteplacer hardware, the Min switch is actually a contact probe, that you can later put to good use.

X, Y can be both home-to-min or home-to-max.

Personally I use X home-to-min and Y home-to-max, so the portal is in the back of the machine, i.e. goes away from the user (safer).

How to configure all that on the Duet, I cannot say, but I'm sure it is very well documented.

_Mark

dc42

Jan 25, 2022, 11:02:13 AM1/25/22
to OpenPnP
> I still have to home the machine before powering up manually or using the DWC which im not sure why happens.. but with out this the software does not know the limits of the Low X and Y and wont travel with out providing an error cannot go below soft limit X ...

You may find these links to the RepRapFirmware documentation useful:

You only need one homing switch on each of X and Y, at the end that you want to home to. So only those switches need to be connected to the inputs on the Duet. If you like, you can use the other X and Y homing switches to perform an emergency stop if they are ever triggered, by wiring them in series (assuming they are normally-closed switches), connecting them to another input, and setting up a trigger on that input using the M581 command (see https://duet3d.dozuki.com/Wiki/M581).

HTH David