OpenPnP with Duet 2 and Duet 3 and RepRapFirmware

ma...@makr.zone

Mar 9, 2021, 3:28:33 AM3/9/21
to OpenPnP
Hi Duet users

I'm switching this to a new thread over from here:

> Thanks Mark!

> Your config.g solved my last problem of C axis jog button not working.

> I needed to set travel limits also for C axis in config.g. Without C axis limits the jog button doesn’t work:

M208 X-5 Y-351 Z-33 C-360000 S1                       ; set axis minima

M208 X1032.5 Y5 Z8 C360000 S0                        ; set axis maxima

Thanks for reporting back.

@Hanski, @Wolfgang could you please coordinate and document your setup including essential config.g settings on a new Duet Wiki page?

@dc42 would you be available to double-check Hanski's and Wolfgangs's config.g if they choose to send it to you?

The new Wiki page should probably be linked from here

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/Motion-Controllers#duet--reprapfirmware

and here

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/Motion-Controller-Firmwares#duet3d

Thanks!

_Mark

richardwoodcock583

Mar 9, 2021, 10:15:48 AM3/9/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

richardwoodcock583

Mar 9, 2021, 10:15:48 AM3/9/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Mark can we get on a zoom nowb

Mar 10, 2021, 12:07:33 PM3/10/21
to OpenPnP
I'd be happy to review Hanski's and Wolfgang's config.g files, however I have never used OpenPnP so I don't know exactly what the requirements are.

Wolfgang Lienbacher

Mar 12, 2021, 11:46:56 AM3/12/21
to OpenPnP
hey dc42,
here's my config.g along with machine.xml for the sake of completeness. I guess for mark more wants you to review from a pure duet point of view so the machine.xml and openpnp knowledge wont really matter.

@mark: I'll try to get something together. finally got some more boards to assemble so i have some openpnp time ahead and i'd be happy to contribute.

config.zip

ma...@makr.zone

Mar 12, 2021, 3:09:57 PM3/12/21