PushPullFeeder - Test branch - Auto-setup fails

uavfligh...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2022, 5:30:53 AM8/7/22
to OpenPnP
PushPullFeeder fails auto-setup with this message

Screenshot from 2022-08-07 11-23-15.png

Auto captures the correct line of sprocket holes and populates the hole locations.

autoSetupPipeline runs several times in autoSetup().  It appears to fail on one of the passes.  The camera moves from the pick position to hole mid point position between the passes.

The error is generated in FindFeatures when checking if a line has been fitted to holes found.

/Matt

Litterio Andrea Guainella

Aug 7, 2022, 6:00:23 AM8/7/22
to OpenPnP
Hi Matt,
is this post different from this other one?
Because seems similar

LAG

mark maker

Aug 7, 2022, 6:16:20 AM8/7/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matt,

Please make sure to have the latest version installed, there was a bug fixed.

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/pull/1466

If the problem persists, send the log.

_Mark

uavfligh...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2022, 7:52:21 AM8/7/22
to OpenPnP
Not the same as the other post.  Have updated to circle detection as proposed by mark.  That fixed my vision problem.

uavfligh...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2022, 8:01:49 AM8/7/22
to OpenPnP
Mark,
Pulled latest test branch.  I still have the same problem.
It may be that I see the problem and you don't due to differences in detected features for each pipeline type.

/Matt

mark maker

Aug 7, 2022, 8:14:54 AM8/7/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matt, LAG,

sometimes it takes a bit longer for the dime to fall.

I've found yet another hypothetical glitch in the Auto-Setup pipeline type selection. I cannot reproduce or test this, so this is purely hypothetical.

If Auto-Setup fails late, i.e. only in the calibration step, it has already moved the camera to the mid-point between the sprocket holes, so even in case of failure must it then move the camera back to the pick location, before it can retry with a different pipeline type.

This is contained in a roundup PR, see point 5.

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/pull/1467

Please upgrade:

https://openpnp.org/test-downloads/

@Matt, please test this and report.

_Mark

uavfligh...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2022, 9:21:42 AM8/7/22
to OpenPnP
First test with a new feeder and no template was ok.

/Matt

Jan

Sep 5, 2022, 8:39:06 AM9/5/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark!
I'm sorry for the late reply and hoppefuly this is the right thread.
Today I upgraded to the new testing version with the auto-pipeline
selection feature you added. The feeders I've setup before don't work
anymore due to a NULL pointer exception. All feeders had
CalibrationTrigger set to "UntilConfident" and the exception happens
when feeder is first accessed. I guess, that something with the
auto-selection does not work if the feeder was previously setup or never
used any vision feature before. I've attached the log.

Jan

On 07.08.2022 12:16, mark maker wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Please make sure to have the *latest* version installed, there was a bug
> fixed.
>
> https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/pull/1466
>
> If the problem persists, send the log.
>
> _Mark
>
> On 07.08.22 11:30, uavfligh...@gmail.com wrote:
>> PushPullFeeder fails auto-setup with this message
>>
>> Screenshot from 2022-08-07 11-23-15.png
>>
>> Auto captures the correct line of sprocket holes and populates the
>> hole locations.
>>
>> autoSetupPipeline runs several times in autoSetup().  It appears to
>> fail on one of the passes.  The camera moves from the pick position to
>> hole mid point position between the passes.
>>
>> The error is generated in FindFeatures when checking if a line has
>> been fitted to holes found.
>>
>> /Matt
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/0ea5fcc3-86c6-42e3-96a6-ae82133784d1n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/0ea5fcc3-86c6-42e3-96a6-ae82133784d1n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/b55d3696-22f9-b390-74eb-adb9e85e7304%40makr.zone
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/b55d3696-22f9-b390-74eb-adb9e85e7304%40makr.zone?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
OpenPnP.0.zip

Litterio Andrea Guainella

Sep 5, 2022, 9:36:46 AM9/5/22
to OpenPnP
Hi Matt,
according with this, the exception error seems  to be due to wrong set pipeline.
Waiting for Mark response, you might try to remove all PPF and create new one (maybe the problem are reference for the configuration xml files).
If it works, compare the new configuration with the previous one (openpnp saves automatically in backup folder but to be safe, make one yourself) to understand what breaks with the previous configuration
Please report back feedback about it

LAG

mark maker

Sep 5, 2022, 10:28:28 AM9/5/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jan

The problem was brought in by the OCR offsets PR by Matt:

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/pull/1468

A missing null check on the OCR region. It appears you are not using OCR.

I'll fix it.

_Mark

mark maker

Sep 5, 2022, 11:04:22 AM9/5/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jan,

this should be fixed in the new testing version.

_Mark