Issues & Solutions new improvements

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 28, 2023, 12:28:39 PM1/28/23
to OpenPnP
Hi all,

Issues & Solutions has some new fixes and improvements. Among others, the detect feature diameter should now be able to cycle between all the detected contours.

I need your help in testing there. Does it work? Does it stop at too many candidates?

Auto-Detect Next

Details here:

Download the testing version (allow a few minutes to deploy):

_Mark

Fabian Kropp

Jan 29, 2023, 11:07:11 AM1/29/23
to OpenPnP
Hi,
just startet the Issues and Solutions with my lumenpnp.
Sadly now camera setup seems completely messed up images are almost fully white (I am using Ubuntu as operating system)

Was there any change to the camera setup?
(my last try with the previous test version worked without flaws)

BR

Fabian

mark maker

Jan 29, 2023, 11:44:06 AM1/29/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

> Was there any change to the camera setup?

It depends what the last version was. 😅 There is a relatively new solution that tries to calibrate manual exposure. Maybe there is a bug.

First, make sure to enable Trace logging in the Log tab.

Then go to Machine Setup, find the camera in question, go to the Device Settings tab, and enable the Auto checkbox on Exposure:

Camera Properties

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/OpenPnpCaptureCamera#camera-properties

Does that fix the camera exposure?

If yes:

Go to Issues & Solution, press Find Issues & Solutions.

Find the "The exposure of camera Bottom should not be set to Auto" solution.

Follow the instructions and press Accept.

Report what happens. Does it set the camera to all white?

If no:

The you need to disable Auto again.

On the camera view, right-click and select Show Image Info?

Make sure the camera is aimed at a representative subject (with bright elements).

Try to manually set the Exposure right.

Report back here.

_Mark