OSIPI logo vote is open!

andrey.fedorov

Jul 8, 2019, 3:06:37 PM7/8/19
to OSIPI - Open Source Initiative for Perfusion Imaging
Dear members of the OSIPI community,

A little while ago in this post we announced the call for logo proposals.

To pick the winner, we put together the form to collect your votes.

Please visit this page to cast your anonymous vote: https://forms.gle/JJgDALRU4NZBvNhw6.

We are planning to keep the vote open until the end of the month, and will announce the winner in August.

--
Andrey, on behalf of the OSIPI EMB

Andrey Fedorov

Jul 12, 2019, 1:31:55 PM7/12/19
to OSIPI - Open Source Initiative for Perfusion Imaging
Hello all,

Thanks to the active response so far - at this time 41 vote has been cast!

At this time, we have 2 entries that are leading strongly, but,
amazingly, they are tied in the rank vote (if you are interested in
the detail of how we count the votes, we are using the Bucklin method:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucklin_voting).

If you have not voted yet, please do so!

There is still plenty of time to vote - we will keep the voting form
open until July 31!

AF

Laura Bell

Jul 16, 2019, 11:57:54 AM7/16/19
to OSIPI - Open Source Initiative for Perfusion Imaging
Correction: We’re using the instant-runoff voting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant-runoff_voting

Thanks everyone for the awesome turnout!

andrey.fedorov

Aug 2, 2019, 2:32:53 PM8/2/19
to OSIPI - Open Source Initiative for Perfusion Imaging
Hello all,

we had a great turnout for the logo voting, with the total of 82 votes submitted.

It was a tight competition between options 1 and 4, but in the end, based on the rank voting (and specifically, the instant-runoff vote, as explained by Laura in the previous email), the winner is the logo that appeared in the form under Option 4 (included below)!

Our congratulations and sincere gratitude for submitting the winning entry go to Zaki Ahmed from McGill University in Montreal! Way to go, Zaki!

Some of the feedback we received for the logos was about the meaning of the logo. We intentionally did not include explanation of the meaning for the submitted entries, since the meaning should ideally be clear from the logo. But now that we have a winner, below is the explanation of the idea behind the logo from Zaki.

The next steps for us will be to communicate the suggestions for the logo to Zaki, and let him decide if and how he would like to address those (in the end, it is the author's decision, we will not require all suggestions to be implemented). Upon revision, the logo will be finalized by the EMB, and we will proceed with incorporating it into the website and other materials of the initiative.

Again, thanks to all for the votes from all of you.

Congratulations to Zaki as the winner, and to OSIPI as the recipient of this wonderful, concise and modern logo!

Explanation of the logo idea and the design follow:

"I figured a red/purple loop would work as a symbol for perfusion. Coincidentally, all the letters in 'OSIPI' can be traced by the loop tracks as well."