Latest instalation guide for OBA REST API

Sasa Ivanovic

Feb 14, 2022, 9:00:39 AM2/14/22
to onebusaway-developers
Hi a am trying to set up a OBA server for my project and I am having some problems getting it up and running. Could anyone tell me is this the latest documentation and is it still active?

Thank you in advance!

Sean Barbeau

Feb 14, 2022, 4:30:32 PM2/14/22
to onebusaway-developers
Hello!

Sheldon just updated some of the documentation (see https://groups.google.com/g/onebusaway-developers/c/eoreDyRbUgE), and he pointed to:

Could you please give that a look if you're still having problems?

Sean

Sasa Ivanovic

Feb 17, 2022, 3:48:52 AM2/17/22
to onebusaway-developers
Hi, first of all thank you for your response.
I have been trying to use the instructions you mentioned but have encountered some issues.
First of all can you please tell me what OS are you using? I planned to use it on Debian 10 but had issues finding MySQL 5.8 version for it so I had to use 5.7 and I dont know if that is the source of my problems.
Second thing is I have to run the  mvn clean install with a   -Dlicense.skip switch so I don't get the
"Some files do not have the expected license header" error. Is there another way to fix this error?

Also in the documentation there are this 2 comands:
# linux sed -i server.xml -e 's!port="8080"!port="9999"!g;s!port="8005"!port="8115"'
sed -i server.xml 's!</Context>!<Parameter name="file.bundle.bucketName" value="/var/lib/oba/bundles/builder" override="false" /><Parameter name="admin.instanceId" value="localhost" override="false" /><Parameter name="admin.port" value="9999" override="false" /><Parameter name="admin.context" value="api" override="false" /></Context>!'

For the first one there is a missing "!g" at the end so it would be sed -i server.xml -e 's!port="8080"!port="9999"!g;s!port="8005"!port="8115"!g'
and for the second one i guess that the file is wrong and that it should be context.xml
After those things I get to some bean creation problems but before debugging that it, it would help me a lot if you can tell me am I doing something wrong, or are maybe the OS or MySQL wrong?
Thank you in advance and sorry for such a long post.
Have a great day!

Sean Barbeau

Feb 17, 2022, 2:14:23 PM2/17/22
to onebusaway-developers
Sheldon or someone from his team would be the best person to answer those questions.

If you think there is an error in the docs, pull requests to update them are always welcome.

Sean

Sasa Ivanovic

Feb 18, 2022, 4:03:10 AM2/18/22
to onebusaway-developers