Add a Region to One Bus Away

Joshua RSI

Jul 9, 2021, 9:19:16 AM7/9/21
to onebusaway-developers
Hello,

I have been working with a research group on One Bus Away instance for my college town. I would like to know how can I add the server instance that we have been developing for the One Bus Away mobile app.

Thank You,

Sheldon A. Brown

Jul 9, 2021, 1:02:36 PM7/9/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshua,

Sean will eventually reply, but is likely otherwise indisposed. In
the meantime, please explore this mailing list archive including the
thread show below:

https://groups.google.com/g/onebusaway-developers/c/JAs3DxRcfB0/m/Pm_pjcgEDQAJ

Thanks,

Sheldon

Sean Barbeau

Jul 9, 2021, 4:44:20 PM7/9/21
to onebusaway-developers
Joshua,
Sheldon got it right - you'll need to provide all the fields listed in this spreadsheet for the region:

If you post that info here I can get you added as an experimental region.

More details here:

Sean

Joshua RSI

Jul 12, 2021, 12:31:14 PM7/12/21
to onebusaway-developers
Hello,

Thank you for the info.

Joshua RSI

Sep 8, 2021, 3:14:22 PM9/8/21
to onebusaway-developers
Hello Sean:

The following link is the spreadsheet to add Mayaguez in One Bus Away:

Thank You for all the help,
Joshua

Sean Barbeau

Sep 8, 2021, 4:39:59 PM9/8/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Joshua,
Thanks!

I just tried to open https://pr-oba.live/api/ in my browser, though, and it looks like it's timing out?

Sean

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "onebusaway-developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/onebusaway-developers/58ad0df5-958a-4769-8b1b-f96ca8bbe62bn%40googlegroups.com.

Joshua RSI

Sep 8, 2021, 5:36:28 PM9/8/21
to onebusaway-developers
Sean,

It should be working soon. The link will remain the same. Thanks for the help.

Joshua

Sean Barbeau

Sep 8, 2021, 5:52:07 PM9/8/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks. Please let me know when it's live and I'll push the data to the Regions API then as an experimental region.

Sean

Joshua RSI

Sep 9, 2021, 2:41:12 PM9/9/21
to onebusaway-developers
When opening https://pr-oba.live/api/ on browser a 404 error shows. I tried the link using an Android device and it was working. My apologies for the wait

Thank you for the help,

Joshua
Capture.PNG

Sean Barbeau

Sep 9, 2021, 5:28:16 PM9/9/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Ah, looks like there was an extra "/api" on the URL - https://pr-oba.live/ is the version that needs to be in the server directory.

Ok, I've tested this in the staging Regions API that we have and it works fine, so I pushed the content to the production Regions API. You should see this change within the next hour at http://regions.onebusaway.org/regions-v3.json. When you see Mayaguez there, if you uninstall/reinstall the apps they should include Mayaguez as an experimental region. In OBA Android, you need to enable these by checking the box for "Settings->Advanced->Experimental servers", and then it will show in the list of regions.

Please give it a shot and let me know if it works!

Sean

Joshua RSI

Sep 9, 2021, 5:47:05 PM9/9/21
to onebusaway-developers

Thank you for everything, it is working great!