Add a Region to One Bus Away

Joshua RSI

Jul 9, 2021, 9:19:16 AM7/9/21
to onebusaway-developers
Hello,

I have been working with a research group on One Bus Away instance for my college town. I would like to know how can I add the server instance that we have been developing for the One Bus Away mobile app.

Thank You,

Sheldon A. Brown

Jul 9, 2021, 1:02:36 PM7/9/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshua,

Sean will eventually reply, but is likely otherwise indisposed. In
the meantime, please explore this mailing list archive including the
thread show below:

https://groups.google.com/g/onebusaway-developers/c/JAs3DxRcfB0/m/Pm_pjcgEDQAJ

Thanks,

Sheldon

Sean Barbeau

Jul 9, 2021, 4:44:20 PM7/9/21
to onebusaway-developers
Joshua,
Sheldon got it right - you'll need to provide all the fields listed in this spreadsheet for the region:

If you post that info here I can get you added as an experimental region.

More details here:

Sean

Joshua RSI

Jul 12, 2021, 12:31:14 PM7/12/21
to onebusaway-developers
Hello,

Thank you for the info.

Joshua RSI

Sep 8, 2021, 3:14:22 PM9/8/21
to onebusaway-developers
Hello Sean:

The following link is the spreadsheet to add Mayaguez in One Bus Away:

Thank You for all the help,
Joshua

Sean Barbeau

Sep 8, 2021, 4:39:59 PM9/8/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Joshua,
Thanks!

I just tried to open https://pr-oba.live/api/ in my browser, though, and it looks like it's timing out?

Sean

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "onebusaway-developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/onebusaway-developers/58ad0df5-958a-4769-8b1b-f96ca8bbe62bn%40googlegroups.com.

Joshua RSI

Sep 8, 2021, 5:36:28 PM9/8/21
to onebusaway-developers
Sean,

It should be working soon. The link will remain the same. Thanks for the help.

Joshua

Sean Barbeau

Sep 8, 2021, 5:52:07 PM9/8/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks. Please let me know when it's live and I'll push the data to the Regions API then as an experimental region.

Sean

Joshua RSI

Sep 9, 2021, 2:41:12 PM9/9/21
to onebusaway-developers
When opening https://pr-oba.live/api/ on browser a 404 error shows. I tried the link using an Android device and it was working. My apologies for the wait

Thank you for the help,

Joshua
Capture.PNG

Sean Barbeau

Sep 9, 2021, 5:28:16 PM9/9/21
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Ah, looks like there was an extra "/api" on the URL - https://pr-oba.live/ is the version that needs to be in the server directory.

Ok, I've tested this in the staging Regions API that we have and it works fine, so I pushed the content to the production Regions API. You should see this change within the next hour at http://regions.onebusaway.org/regions-v3.json. When you see Mayaguez there, if you uninstall/reinstall the apps they should include Mayaguez as an experimental region. In OBA Android, you need to enable these by checking the box for "Settings->Advanced->Experimental servers", and then it will show in the list of regions.

Please give it a shot and let me know if it works!

Sean

Joshua RSI

Sep 9, 2021, 5:47:05 PM9/9/21
to onebusaway-developers

Thank you for everything, it is working great!

Joshua RSI

May 18, 2023, 11:32:35 AM5/18/23
to onebusaway-developers
Hello,
I hope you are all well.
If possible I would like to update some values for the Mayaguez server. The domain OBA uses to get the API has changed.

Alan Borning

May 19, 2023, 1:04:24 PM5/19/23
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Hi - I updated the server directory as requested.  (I did leave "(beta)" on the Mayaguez region_name, since I assume this is still a beta region ....)

@sheldon - could you trigger the update from the spreadsheet please?
   cheers,
   Alan

Joshua RSI

May 23, 2023, 10:32:44 AM5/23/23
to onebusaway-developers
My apologies, for asking for a second change. But the normal URL proba.live has an SSL problem without the www. Would it be possible to change it to www.proba.live. Also the change is in

Alan Borning

May 23, 2023, 12:42:31 PM5/23/23
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
No problem - this change is made.
   cheers,
   Alan

Joshua RSI

May 26, 2023, 2:42:26 PM5/26/23
to onebusaway-developers
Hello,

Thank you for the update to the table but  I believe that although the text was changed to the secure domain with "www.proba.live",  the hyperlink to the unsecured domain (proba.live) stayed the same. I thought my servers were giving problems, but can it be verified if the hyperlink is correct? When I hover over the text the hyperlink is different.

Thank you for the help,

Alan Borning

May 26, 2023, 2:47:07 PM5/26/23
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com, Sheldon Brown
I think Sheldon needs to do an update on AWS as well (I don't have access to that) .... @Sheldon Brown?

   cheers,
   Alan

Juan Manuel Barcaza Sepulveda

May 28, 2023, 3:43:21 PM5/28/23
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alan,

I'm Juan Barcaza and I'm from Chile. I have several public transport bus company clients from Chile and I would like to implement OneBusaway and I am looking for developers that can help me. Do you can help me or do you have any developers that can help?

Alan Borning

May 29, 2023, 3:43:02 PM5/29/23
to onebusaway...@googlegroups.com
Hi Juan Barcaza - great to hear you are interested in implementing OneBusAway in Chile!  I'm not in a position to help with this myself, but there are various consulting companies that do this kind of work.  Are you interested in partnering with another company on this, so that they would be part of a contract?  If so there are some on this mailing list; we also have a list of known service providers and can pass on a request.

Or if you want to do this yourself, please do feel free to post questions to this list if you get stuck.  (Unfortunately the documentation is not always totally up to date ...)
   cheers,
   Alan