Teleconference - Thursday Apr-28-2022 - Summary

yves.s...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2022, 11:25:39 AM4/28/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com
Okapi Teleconference - Thursday Apr-28-2022 - Summary

And 5pm on Ithaca
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ithaca+island&tbm=isch

Present: Yves, Jim, Mihai, Dale,

==== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/
https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/longhorn/pull-requests/
https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/

=====  Dropping 32-bit support

ACTION ITEM: Yves ask about dropping 32-bit.
This was done: https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-users/c/IUdJo7fBjaw
No one reacted. We can proceed.

===== JAXB issue for 11.

Lots of issues currently.
Reason why Longhorn build is failing.
Yves: Getting also many problem with this.
M: looked at the longhorn, but do not know enough of Longhorn to know what
to fix.
.. not how to fix it.
Y: Maybe Chase will have time to look at it.

===== XPath node limits with JDK

From Jim:
https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/ymTout4b-EQ/m/YzK-Vkq7AQAJ
The new JDK updates of April 19th set hard limits on the number of nodes in
an xpath expression. We now get these errors:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
JAXP0801002: the compiler encountered an XPath expression containing '101'
operators that exceeds the '100' limit set by 'FEATURE_SECURE_PROCESSING'.
We will need to override the new restrictions. But where can we do this
globally?
J: those are Java system properties. Maybe can be modified in the POM?
.. saw this in Ubuntu.
.. think remember to set some settings globally.
.. could do it one module at time.
.. will try out things in a branch.
.. apparently setting to zero make it go back to previous behavior.
M: Think it's a constant
See
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/13/security/java-api-xml-processing-j
axp-security-guide.html#GUID-88B04BE2-35EF-4F61-B4FA-57A0E9102342
J: will play with it.

===== IDML Filter:

We had a few notes on missing export for IDML, both on the public list and
privately.
https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/ZpQnB-2spaA
https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/issues/856

Konstantinos and Yves looking at it.
Branch: https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/branch/idml-footnote

===== Markdown filter

Kuro working on it.
J: did posted on the ticket yesterday. Won't be able to work on it too much
on it.
Ticket is well documented.

===== Internal pivot format

See Jim’s notes here:
https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/q_P7DsWpu4I
No need to discuss it for now.

Did find others bugs.
.. e.g. a shallow copy.
.. working on XLIFF2 round-trip.
.. did a few changes in XLIFF 1.2 filter.
.. taking a lot of time.

===== Cleanup

There are many branches in the repository.
Several seem to be very much stale at this point.
https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/branches/
Could we delete some of those branches?

M: some we need to keep.
.. maybe some naming conventions.

===== Other Business:

--- with XLIFF2 ignorable, target missing: no documentation in the specs.
Maybe a question for the TC?

--- Next meeting on May-12-2022.

-end