Teleconference - Thursday May-30-2024

yves.s...@gmail.com

May 29, 2024, 3:06:31 AMMay 29
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday May-30-2024

Google Meet session:

https://meet.google.com/gjn-ywuw-hei

Fixed Time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2024-05-30T15:00:00

8am San-Jose, San-Francisco

9am Salt-Lake City, Boulder

4pm Dublin

5pm Oslo, Berlin, Krakow, Roma, Erquy

And 5pm on Biševo Island

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bi%C5%A1evo+Island&udm=2

=== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

Only one left.

Chase or Denis to decide if this.

=== Sub-Filters:

See Jim’s notes here:

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/wTlkO-EW2zQ

=== Release 1.46.1

Update?

=== Migration to GitLab:

IMPORTANT: Everyone should edit their BitBucket profile info as instructed ASAP:

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/import/bitbucket.html#requirements-for-user-mapped-contributions

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/R2HuBfwJwFE

List of the verified users: https://gitlab.com/okapiframework/XLIFFToolkitImportTest/-/issues/41

=== SRX extensions issue

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/YNWIyL6jPQQ

Action Item: Yves to look at the issue in more details.

That wasn’t really needed as we realized that the http should not have been updated in the first place.

So the original http has been restored (PR: https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/844)

=== Branching:

Action Item: Mihai to post a proposal for a new model.

That has been done:

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/3vZvNZtSpsQ

=== Any Other Business

?

Next call: Jun-13

-end

Jim Hargrave

May 29, 2024, 2:04:42 PMMay 29
to okapi...@googlegroups.com, yves.s...@gmail.com

I won't be available for tomorrow. I am close to finishing an initial xliff2 subfilter. Was difficult because xliff2 uses a non-Generic writer.

We should start making a list of the 1.47.0 commits for the 1.46.1 release. Remember that the goal is to have ZERO breakage with API's and especially merge. So if you extracted with 1.46.0, you can safely merge with 1.46.1. If a commit doesn't pass this test we can't cherry pick it.

I will read Mihai's git document this week and comment.

One warning: Be careful with SRX files. I saw several in the wild that use https. If so, (now with Yves changes) it will fail silently and the okapi extension will *not* apply.

Jim

yves.s...@gmail.com

May 30, 2024, 11:21:20 AMMay 30
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday May-30-2024 - Summary

And 5pm on Biševo Island

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bi%C5%A1evo+Island&udm=2

Present: Yves

Regrets: Jim

=== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

Only one left.

Chase or Denis to decide if this.

=== Sub-Filters:

See Jim’s notes here:

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/wTlkO-EW2zQ

From Jim:

I am close to finishing an initial xliff2 sub-filter. Was difficult because xliff2 uses a non-Generic writer.

=== Release 1.46.1

From Jim:

We should start making a list of the 1.47.0 commits for the 1.46.1 release.

Remember that the goal is to have ZERO breakage with API's and especially merge.

So if you extracted with 1.46.0, you can safely merge with 1.46.1. If a commit doesn't pass this test we can't cherry pick it.

Y: Seems there are not many entries in the change log.

.. some are probably missing.

Y: Did the steps, including now the sign-in for BitBucket in GitLab.

.. so hopefully it’s working now.

=== SRX extensions issue

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/YNWIyL6jPQQ

Action Item: Yves to look at the issue in more details.

That wasn’t really needed as we realized that the http should not have been updated in the first place.

So the original http has been restored (PR: https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/844)

From Jim:

One warning: Be careful with SRX files. I saw several in the wild that use https. If so, (now with Yves changes) it will fail silently and the okapi extension will *not* apply.

Y: A possible help for this could be to add a check for that namespace when loading an SRX and generating an error on it.

=== Branching:

Action Item: Mihai to post a proposal for a new model.

That has been done:

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/3vZvNZtSpsQ

From Jim:

I will read Mihai's git document this week and comment.

Y: looks sensible to me. Should make hot-fixes on older releases a lot easier.

.. +1 for me.

=== Any Other Business

Next call: Jun-13

-end