Teleconference - Thursday Sep-15-2022

yves.s...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2022, 7:38:11 AM9/14/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday Sep-15-2022

Google Meet session:

https://meet.google.com/gjn-ywuw-hei

Fixed Time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2022-09-15T15:00:00

8am San-Jose, San-Francisco

9am Salt-Lake City, Boulder

4pm Dublin

5pm Oslo, Berlin, Krakow, Roma, Erquy

Fri 1am Brisbane

Thu/Fri midnight Tokyo

And Thu/Fri 1am Mornington Island

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Island

==== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/longhorn/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/

===== Build problems on GitLab

Longhorn still having issues.

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/xub4WPK7XwM

===== SRX default rules

Should we use the updated rules as the default?

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/fXSM7I0wA1k

===== SWT-related test on MacOS

We said we would address this after the release.

Any resolution/progress on this?

===== Wiki documentation for filers:

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/T31mRjuGN3o

===== SDLXLIFF properties:

Some defaults seem wrong on merge:

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/Zz45Ekw0jvo

===== Other Business:

Next call: Thursday Sep-29

-end

jimbo

Sep 15, 2022, 10:14:43 AM9/15/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com, yves.s...@gmail.com

Missing topic: https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/issues/1161/content-parsed-with-inlinecodefinder

Seems we have a system wide bug with encoding inline code content generally. This doesn't seem to be specific to code finder rules - but to inline codes generally. I think we are inconsistent in how this is handled across the different filters.

yves.s...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2022, 11:34:22 AM9/15/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday Sep-15-2022 - Summary

And Thu/Fri 1am Mornington Island

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mornington_Island

Present: Yves, Jim.

J: kept the RTF filter.

.. a couple of steps are preserved.

.. may remove later.

Yves ACTION ITEM: check and merge:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/16

===== Build problems on GitLab

Longhorn still having issues.

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/xub4WPK7XwM

Nothing new.

===== SRX default rules

Should we use the updated rules as the default?

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/fXSM7I0wA1k

J: has been in integration test since a while.

.. some bugs were fixed.

.. having several rules files is confusing.

Y: +1

J: will make a PR for it.

===== Inline code encoding

From Jim: Seems we have a system wide bug with encoding inline code content generally.

This doesn't seem to be specific to code finder rules - but to inline codes generally.

I think we are inconsistent in how this is handled across the different filters.

See https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/issues/1161/content-parsed-with-inlinecodefinder

J: escaped quote issue in YAML.

.. we do different things in different filters.

.. ideally the encoder should be dealing with this.

.. JSON filter might have the same problem.

.. may be broken in generic skeleton writer. Maybe when we added the encoder context.

===== SWT-related test on MacOS

We said we would address this after the release.

Any resolution/progress on this?

Nothing new.

J: for me if it’s in the UI package it seems OK.

.. but issue about platform is an issue.

===== Wiki documentation for filers:

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/T31mRjuGN3o

J: did work through a few.

.. nowadays the parameters are used for the server-side.

.. maybe two sections.

Y: also some parameters are not in the UI.

J: does not always show the parameter name used in the file.

.. will think about it.

===== SDLXLIFF properties:

Some defaults seem wrong on merge:

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/Zz45Ekw0jvo

Y: default is at the TC level, default for backward compatibility.

J: if we can add/delete then maybe defaults are not necessary.

.. would be great if we can consolidate things. even on breaking change.

Y: will wait for Chase/Alec feedback.

===== Other Business:

--- J: our architect would really like to have minor releases.

.. need to try to address this at some point.

.. maybe Java 11 module support could help for this?

--- Y:  SLF4J binding

We get this warning a lot:

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".

SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation

SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

Shouldn’t we add slf4j-nop.jar in the library dependency?