Updating Okapi Filter Wiki...

jimbo

Sep 9, 2022, 2:18:11 PMSep 9
to Group: okapi-devel
https://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php/Filters

The Filter Wiki hasn't been consistently updated with the last few years
of code changes. I am going through each filter and trying to add new
options - but in some cases I may not fully understand the added
parameters. Also, some parameters are only accessible via the filter
config file (fprm, its, yaml etc..).

Can you guys review the any of the filters you are familiar with and
send me documentation that should be added or updated? I will then
update the wiki pages.

thank you!

Jim

jimbo

Sep 12, 2022, 12:55:15 PMSep 12
to Group: okapi-devel

The filter Wiki was originally created to document Rainbow filter config UI. However, I think the majority use case now is to manually edit the filter config files. There is no good documentation on how to do this, although sometimes you can get enough info from the wiki to do what you need to do. I am constantly finding "hidden" parameters. Usually I can glean how to use them from the code, but in some cases their usage is still unclear.

Questions:

  1.  Where can we fully document all parameters for the filters? Basically a full list of all the parameters with a description and examples.
  2.  Should this be in the same WIKI? Perhaps in a different section?
  3. Should this be in another wiki?

IMHO it should be in the same wiki as the UI descriptions and closely related to the individual parameter descriptions. Just not sure on the best way to do this.

Jim