RE: Teleconference - Thursday May-12-2022 - Summary

1 view

yves.s...@gmail.com

May 12, 2022, 11:23:43 AM5/12/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday May-12-2022 - Summary

Google Meet session:

https://meet.google.com/gjn-ywuw-hei

Fixed Time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2022-05-12T15:00:00

And 11pm on Gili Trawangan

https://www.google.com/search?q=Gili+Trawangan&tbm=isch

Presents: Jim, Dale, Mihai, Yves, Denis.

==== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/longhorn/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/604 needs to be merged first

this one for xliff2/1.2

new code for TU merger

file used for test was pretty nasty and works now.

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/606 based on Mihai original work.

Kept the JSON with delimiter for TU.

M: can share code using protobuffer if it can help.

PB uses different way to work with collections.

J: may want to enhance it a bit for new objects.

M: will look at both PRs.

J: was nice to start from the sandbox’s code.

.. BTW: now the TU merge doesn’t need to be so complicated.

.. may implement 2 mergers

.. we have a TU merger interface

.. still can’t avoid the re-filtering of the original file.

M: like re-parsing optionally when files have big chunks of data and get huge skeleton.

J: may add the version of the filter in the JSON.

=====  Dropping 32-bit support

32-bit builds can be removed.

M: may do it at some point.

===== Java 11 issues

JABX problem with Longhorn build is failing.

Another Java 11 issue: packages and modules.

Yves gets error on Eclipse but not Maven

Like: https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/sdWti2MF2Jg

M: managed to make it go away at some point. But don’t know how.

.. close the projects helps.

.. can’t easily fix the files with issues.

.. one of the connector doesn’t have a web site anymore.

Y: maybe we can remove those two connectors.

===== XPath node limits with JDK

Jim has fixed this.

===== IDML Filter:

We had a few notes on missing export for IDML, both on the public list and

privately.

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/ZpQnB-2spaA

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/issues/856

Konstantinos and Yves looking at it.

Branch: https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/branch/idml-footnote

Y: no progress.

Denis: will look at it.

===== Markdown filter

Kuro working on it.

Ticket is well documented.

===== Cleanup

Remember to look at dead branches in the repository and clean-up.

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/branches/

Several seem to be very much stale at this point.

J: a good number of them should be there for reference.

M: for future let’s add username to branch so things are clearer.

.. did add “archive” at the end to avoid deletion.

===== Other Business:

--- Next meeting on May-26-2022.

-end