Dealing with "package xyz is accessible from more than one module: <unnamed>, java.xml"

yves.s...@gmail.com

May 1, 2022, 11:35:09 AM5/1/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I’ve spent most of my Sunday trying to resolve a problem I now have in Eclipse with the Okapi main project (dev branch):

I keep having several places where I get the error “The package {whatever} is accessible from more than one module: <unnamed>, java.xml”.

I can build with maven without error, but I cannot get Eclipse to get rid of those errors.

I get them in a few places in the Integration tests and from the globalsight and crosslanguage connectors. So I figured it’s linked to the Axis dependency, at least in part.

I know all about why this is happening and I’ve read the many tens of articles out there on the topic. I’ve tried excluding various packages from various POMs, messed around with the module dependencies, the classpath, etc.

All that without a shred of progress…

I’m using Eclipse Version 2022-03 (4.23.0), Build id: 20220310-1457, on Windows (but I don’t think it matters much).

Does anyone else ran into that problem? And found a solution?

Cheers,

-yves

jimbo

May 1, 2022, 12:49:02 PM5/1/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com, yves.s...@gmail.com

Yves,

Have you configured eclipse to use the external maven (same as you use to build on command line)? Default is to use Eclipse internal maven. At least you can compare apples to apples.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25463586/how-to-configure-eclipse-ee-to-use-the-external-maven-windows-7

Jim

jimbo

May 1, 2022, 1:09:15 PM5/1/22
to okapi...@googlegroups.com, yves.s...@gmail.com

yves.s...@gmail.com

May 2, 2022, 12:30:18 AM5/2/22
to jimbo, okapi...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Jim.

I was using the internal maven.

So, I did setup the external one. And I still get the same errors.

I’m guessing this problem is related to the way eclipse deals with the modules dependencies.

I’ll keep reading and trying…

-yves