Teleconference - Thursday Jun-27-2024

yves.s...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2024, 9:02:52 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday Jun-27-2024

Google Meet session:

https://meet.google.com/gjn-ywuw-hei

Fixed Time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2024-06-27T15:00:00

8am San-Jose, San-Francisco

9am Salt-Lake City, Boulder

4pm Dublin

5pm Oslo, Berlin, Krakow, Roma, Erquy

And 23pm on Kalanggaman Island

https://www.google.com/search?q=Kalanggaman+Island&udm=2

=== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

An old one.

And one in OmegaT Filters:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/omegat-plugin/pull-requests/24

But that one seems broken or out-of-synch.

=== Failing Builds

We now get constant failing builds on longhorn-js-client. For example:

https://gitlab.com/okapiframework/longhorn-js-client/-/pipelines/1333648573/failures

=== Release 1.46.1

Ready for selecting what goes into it.

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/5Qj-PTITXSc

=== Migration to GitLab:

IMPORTANT: Everyone should edit their BitBucket profile info as instructed ASAP:

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/import/bitbucket.html#requirements-for-user-mapped-contributions

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/R2HuBfwJwFE

=== Branching:

See proposal for new model of branching:

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/3vZvNZtSpsQ

Comments are in the document.

=== Any Other Business

Next call: Jul-11

(or are we taking a summer break?)

-end

Jim Hargrave

Jun 26, 2024, 2:27:20 PM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to okapi...@googlegroups.com, yves.s...@gmail.com

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow.

Can we put together a timeline and assignments for porting to gitlab? Are we all agreed on the new git workflow? List of commits we **do not** want for the 1.46.1 release?

In terms of the near future I think our top priority should be filter parameter documentation. Probably best way forward is the auto-documentation with the new config architecture. I'm not 100% convinced we need protobuffer as it does not provide full validation. I think the cleanest approach may be TOML + JSON SCHEMA. This is very common in other projects (Python) and VSCODE provides built-in validation if the schema is available online.

Jim

yves.s...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2024, 11:17:52 AM (2 days ago) Jun 27
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Okapi Teleconference - Thursday Jun-27-2024 - Summary

Present: Yves, Dale,

Regrets: Jim

=== PRs:

https://bitbucket.org/okapiframework/okapi/pull-requests/

The usual old one. At some point we’ll need to reject or accept it.

Y: That one seems broken or out-of-synch it seemed.

..But that was resolved and approved.

..It’s merged now.

=== Failing Builds

We now get constant failing builds on longhorn-js-client. For example:

https://gitlab.com/okapiframework/longhorn-js-client/-/pipelines/1333648573/failures

Y: The client build is passing now.

=== Release 1.46.1

Ready for selecting what goes into it.

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/5Qj-PTITXSc

No follow up so far on a list of the commits to select.

Y: Maybe we can just pick everything? Since there are no apparent breaking changes according Jim’s tests.

=== Migration to GitLab:

IMPORTANT: Everyone should edit their BitBucket profile info as instructed ASAP:

https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/import/bitbucket.html#requirements-for-user-mapped-contributions

See https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/R2HuBfwJwFE

Y: still not sure how to proceed with the linking: both Kuro and I have done the required steps (at least we thing), but we are not in the GitLab checked-list.

=== Branching:

See proposal for new model of branching:

https://groups.google.com/g/okapi-devel/c/3vZvNZtSpsQ

Comments are in the document.

D: didn’t have a chance to look at it.

Y: seems OK to me.