No logout option or any other menu buttons

Fox 2

Jan 9, 2013, 12:21:35 PM1/9/13
to office-talk...@googlegroups.com
Hi I have this running on an HTC One V, but cannot see any way of logging out or changing any preferences through a menu

Moondoggy

Feb 20, 2013, 9:31:19 AM2/20/13

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 11:21:35 AM UTC-6, Fox 2 wrote:
Hi I have this running on an HTC One V, but cannot see any way of logging out or changing any preferences through a menu

I'm having the same issue on my Motorola Razr M.  Although the menu options are displayed none of them are functional.  The only solution I have found to logging off is to drag down the "Status and Notifications" from the top and then force terminate the app.  I'm wondering if this problem has something to do with software incompatibility with the newer OS running on these phones.

Commander NORF

Feb 21, 2013, 1:17:52 AM2/21/13
to office-talk...@googlegroups.com
When using settings to display the menu, the bottom item of which is "log off", but as mentioned doesn't react when touched, one workaround which I've discovered is to turn the device on its side so that the screen re-orients itself into landscape mode, upon which the Log Off entry on the menu works.

Midnight Deadline

Feb 27, 2013, 4:06:42 PM2/27/13
to office-talk...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I've created a new version of Office Talk that is supposed to address this - I'm reasonably confident that the menu will work on all devices now but would appreciate some testing eyes before releasing it.

Check whether the menu offers the usual options once logged in (log off, conversations, etc.) and whether a selection of items works.

Regards
Nils
OCSAndroidFree.apk

Scott Perry

May 9, 2016, 8:16:34 AM5/9/16
to Office Talk for Android
Hi,

I have an LG v10 with the same issues. I cannot adjust any of the settings, cannot change availability and cannot log out of the application without forcing it to end. I tried to install the app below even thought it looks old but it failed. I enabled installation of unknown sources. I loved this app on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and I wish it worked as well on the LG V10.

Regards,
Scott

Midnight Deadline

May 21, 2016, 3:38:45 PM5/21/16
to Office Talk for Android
Hi

IF this is regarding the ability to open the menu in the first place there is a way to get at the menu on devices without menu key

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/android/21228643

Some devices accept a long press on the back button also.

There's no update for Office Talk planned, so that's as good as it
gets.

There was some issue reported here that's regarding the ability to select menu items after bringing up the menu, if that's the case I was never able to reproduce it well enough for a fix.

Regards
Nils