Exception in org.bbop.util.AbstractTaskDelegate.run

1 view

Nomi Harris

Apr 13, 2010, 2:25:21 PM4/13/10
to obo-ed...@googlegroups.com, Nomi Harris
Some time between mid-February and early April, I started getting this
exception during Phenote startup, and periodically while it's running:

java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:848)
at
javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1254)
at
org.bbop.util.AbstractTaskDelegate.run(AbstractTaskDelegate.java:105)
at org.bbop.swing.BackgroundEventQueue
$BackgroundEventThread.executeTask(BackgroundEventQueue.java:137)
at org.bbop.swing.BackgroundEventQueue
$BackgroundEventThread.run(BackgroundEventQueue.java:79)

It doesn't seem to hurt anything--Phenote still works--but it's
annoying getting an exception. It can worry users who look at the
console, and it can make it harder to debug other issues because of
the irrelevant exceptions littering the log file.

I just tried OBO-Edit and it doesn't throw that exception when it
comes up. Before I start doing more detective work, does anyone have
an insights into what might be going on here?

Thanks,
Nomi

Amina Abdulla

Apr 13, 2010, 2:57:17 PM4/13/10
to Nomi Harris, obo-ed...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nomi,
You might want to track the exact call that causes this Interrupted
Exception with the Object.wait() method. What this means is that a
particular thread is waiting for Object.notify() or Object.notifyAll()
method from another thread and is either interrupted or does not
complete. AbstractTaskDelegate is only spawning off threads and hence
you see the class bbop show up in this exception.

The way I've eliminated these before is by setting break points and
looking at which threads/functions/ classes are involved in the
interruption. You're right about keeping these check and clearing
conflicts even though it does have any immediate effects.

HTH,
Amina

On 4/13/10 11:25 AM, Nomi Harris wrote:
> Some time between mid-February and early April, I started getting this
> exception during Phenote startup, and periodically while it's running:
>
> java.lang.InterruptedException
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:474)
> at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:848)
> at
> javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1254)
> at
> org.bbop.util.AbstractTaskDelegate.run(AbstractTaskDelegate.java:105)
> at
> org.bbop.swing.BackgroundEventQueue$BackgroundEventThread.executeTask(BackgroundEventQueue.java:137)
>
> at

> org.bbop.swing.BackgroundEventQueue$BackgroundEventThread.run(BackgroundEventQueue.java:79)

Nomi Harris

Apr 13, 2010, 3:10:45 PM4/13/10
to Amina Abdulla, obo-ed...@googlegroups.com
What I forgot to mention is that the changes that caused this
exception happened in BBOP, not anywhere in the Phenote code. I can
eliminate the exception by reverting to a mid-February BBOP jar.
Nomi

>> at org.bbop.swing.BackgroundEventQueue
>> $BackgroundEventThread.executeTask(BackgroundEventQueue.java:137)
>> at org.bbop.swing.BackgroundEventQueue

Amina Abdulla

Apr 13, 2010, 4:55:41 PM4/13/10
to Nomi Harris, obo-ed...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I understand that. Phenote uses BBOP for all of its gui code - if
you can pinpoint the instance and let me know where or when this happens
I'll take a look at BBOP.

>>> org.bbop.swing.BackgroundEventQueue$BackgroundEventThread.run(BackgroundEventQueue.java:79)

Nomi Harris

Apr 15, 2010, 5:44:07 PM4/15/10
to Amina Abdulla, obo-ed...@googlegroups.com
Aha. The exceptions are always for
org.oboedit.gui.components.GraphViewCanvas$ReloadTaskDelegate
So, changes in BBOP cause exceptions in an OBO-Edit component... I
would say I am Officially Not Responsible. :-)
Let me know if you get a chance to look at this. It's possibly also
related to the GraphView problem DavidOS noticed in Phenote:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2970560&group_id=76834&atid=887913
Nomi

Nomi Harris

May 18, 2010, 5:40:35 PM5/18/10
to Amina Abdulla, obo-ed...@googlegroups.com
The exception seems to originate with the Graph Viewer. The latest
OBO-Edit throws this exception frequently, if the Graph Viewer is up,
and Phenote throws it (less frequently) if it has the Graph Viewer
component shown.
The line numbers have changed--here's the latest exception:

InterruptedException for runnable
org.oboedit.gui.components.GraphViewCanvas$ReloadTaskDelegate
$1@7805cbba: java.lang.InterruptedException
java.lang.InterruptedException
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
at java.awt.EventQueue.invokeAndWait(EventQueue.java:1029)
at
javax.swing.SwingUtilities.invokeAndWait(SwingUtilities.java:1320)