Jake broken after installing node / npm

Andrew

Apr 2, 2012, 4:23:57 AM4/2/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
This weekend I decided to spend sometime playing around with Node, so I installed Node (via homebrew), NPM, and socket.io. Turns out that jake got broken after I did that. Running jake on command line results in:

Larson-2:cappuccino larson$ jake install
(in /Users/larson/cappuccino)
TypeError: Type error

I went ahead and reinstalled a fresh copy of cappuccino, restarted the shell, and the error stayed there.

So then I figured if I remove NPM and node itself, things might work. Did that, reinstalled cappuccino one more time, and jake is still not working. My dot files are properly appended during install.

Did anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks,

Andrew

Aparajita Fishman

Apr 11, 2012, 7:27:38 PM4/11/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/objectivej/Ol6bXDAS2VQ/discussion

Unfortunately it seems that the homebrew npm totally kills the configuration of jsc/jake, or something else. You should use the official installers from nodejs.org in the future.

> --

Regards,

Aparajita

abar...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2012, 7:37:01 PM4/11/12
to objecti...@googlegroups.com
I apologize for this. I experienced some issues with google groups when I posted that question originally and accidentally double posted. Please disregard.

Andrew Lauer Barinov

Sent from my iPhone