RE: [NYCR:Microcontrollers] Re: Advice/recommendation needed; I'mlooking for a App that allows my Iphone to take a photo once every minute for a year. The phone will be mounted in a birdhouse. The goal is to send the photo's directly to a cloud account fo

Mark Yurkiw

Aug 28, 2018, 4:23:04 PM8/28/18
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for some clever options. We will probably have Wi-Fi access if we use the phone. Let me ruminate & explore your suggestions. I’ll be back with questions I’m sure.

With Gratitude,

Mark

Aug 28, 2018, 5:25:49 PM8/28/18
to nycresistormi...@googlegroups.com
The biggest thing you lose when you go away from an
iPhone style solution is the quality of the camera.

There is the connected issue, if what you want is to use
cellular carrier for the data. If you have WiFi, there
are certainly cheaper alternatives, but you will probably
NOT get the glorious optical performance of a good Apple
phone.

I believe what you are looking for is time lapse
photography, and a bit of GIYF research suggests
that this is already built into current iPhone camera
app. Thus, a suitably powered (constant power connection)
and storage equipped iPhone should be able to do what
you want off-the-shelf. Just a thought.

https://beebom.com/best-time-lapse-apps-android-iphone/

H. Vidal, Jr.

On 08/28/2018 04:22 PM, Mark Yurkiw wrote:
> Thanks for some clever options. We will probably have Wi-Fi access if we
> use the phone. Let me ruminate & explore your suggestions. I’ll be back
> with questions I’m sure.
>
> With Gratitude,
>
> Mark

markY

Aug 29, 2018, 2:13:45 PM8/29/18
to NYCResistor:Microcontrollers
Thanks, I'll check that APP, meanwhile how do I auto upload the pics to my cloud account, any thoughts?