Outdoor to outdoor hybrid building propagation loss model

Marco Giordani

Jul 31, 2018, 12:52:17 PM7/31/18
to ns-3-users
Does the LTE hybrid building propagation loss model consider outdoor to outdoor NLOS attenuation?

I mean, assume that a user and a base station are both outdoor, and there is a building between them blocking the propagation path. Is the model considering some sort of attenuation for the NLOS? It seems that the NLOS attenuation (e.g., due to walls, ceiling etc.) is considered only in case one of the two endpoints is indoor, that is the model does not check whether the outdoor buildings are geometrically blocking the propagation. Am I missing something?

eguadocalor

Nov 28, 2022, 10:10:09 AM11/28/22
to ns-3-users
I'm also having the same issue. In the case of using a given example src/lte/examples/lena-dual-stripe.cc, it seems that the attenuation is only computed when there is at least one eNB inside the building.

Roland Martinson

May 24, 2023, 3:24:36 AM5/24/23
to ns-3-users
Same here. I don't think there is an O2O NLOS PL calculation since we are all facing the same issue for a while now.

Katerina Koutlia

May 24, 2023, 5:06:00 AM5/24/23
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Related to this, you can have a look at this discussion.

BR,
Kat

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting