Minnesota Food Charter Launch Toolkit

1 view

Kathy Zeman

Feb 26, 2013, 1:08:34 PM2/26/13
to Kathy Zeman
Greetings –

The Minnesota Food Charter will ensure we have healthy, affordable and safe food, building a legacy of health for future generations. Minnesota Food Charter Events will take place in communities across the state, where thousands of people will identify barriers and solutions to creating our healthy food future. The Minnesota Food Charter document will be produced from feedback generated through the many Food Charter Events sponsored across the state.  You can view the Food Charter video, which will be used in Food Charter Events as a tool to introduce the Food Charter and explain the process for garnering feedback at an event, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1lbSC9f4Q.

Anyone who is interested in Minnesota’s healthy food future can participate in the Food Charter. You can host a Food Charter Event, provide individual feedback by completing an online survey, and share your perspectives through the Minnesota Food Charter’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/mnfoodcharter. This broad-based public process provides a way for Minnesota residents to share their feedback, connect with each other, and influence our state’s future as it relates to food and health.

If you are interested in learning more, go to www.mnfoodcharter.com. Here, you can:

·      Take an online survey to share barriers and solutions to create Minnesota’s healthy food future

·      Register your Minnesota Food Charter Event and receive a facilitator’s toolkit to host a successful event

·      Learn more about the purpose, outcomes and activities related to the Minnesota Food Charter

After reading this email, I’d like you to consider the following:

1.    Share the Minnesota Food Charter information with groups and individuals who will be interested in hosting a Food Charter Event

2.    Sign up to host a Food Charter Event for your community or organization

3.    Email your colleagues and friends to encourage them to check out the Minnesota Food Charter website and join the Facebook page

You can use the text of this email to inform your friends and colleagues about the Minnesota Food Charter – don’t forget to refer them to Facebook, the Minnesota Food Charter website, and invite them to host a Food Charter Event!

Erin Meier, Director
UM Extension SE Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
The Experiment in Rural Cooperation
tegt...@umn.edu

Office: 507-536-6313  Cell: 507-272-1956  Fax: 507-536-6311
UM Extension SE District Office, 863 30th Avenue SE, Rochester, MN 55904-4915
www.rsdp.umn.edu

MFC_HowItWorks.pdf