pypy + nodebox-opengl

Chris LM

Aug 14, 2011, 12:11:09 PM8/14/11
to NodeBox for OpenGL
Hello, thanks for your work in nodebox-gl. I've been having a lot of
fun with it.

I'm posting to let people know that nodebox-gl with pypy (http://
pypy.org), the jit version of python 2.7. Just like regular python,
you need to install pyglet first. There are some warnings about the
ctypes calls, but all the examples I've tried so far work pretty
nicely.

The main reason to use pypy at this point would be for performance in
your python code, as it runs 4-5x faster on average than regular C
python, with some specific parts approaching or surpassing optimized C
performance.

Tom De Smedt

Aug 14, 2011, 4:12:20 PM8/14/11
to NodeBox for OpenGL
Thanks, that sounds interesting!
When I have time I'll do some testing with pypy too to see if we can
further streamline integration with pypy.

Tom